cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Share your feedback on the Document Scanning Experience in the Dropbox App right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REMOVING SmartSync icon from Mac Finder

REMOVING SmartSync icon from Mac Finder

Sapridyne
Explorer | Level 3
Hi, everyone -- with Dropbox's move to Apple's FileProvider API, I find the green circle/white checkmark icon to be redundant and frankly, a bit ugly. I'd love to be able to hide this icon when syncing, but for the life of me, can't find out how to do it. I've gone into the app and found the appropriate .icns file, renamed it and relaunched Dropbox and Finder, to no avail. I've tried logging out/in and rebooting, also nada.

Any help is appreciated.
2 Replies 2

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@Sapridyne wrote:
... I'd love to be able to hide this icon when syncing, but for the life of me, can't find out how to do it. I've gone into the app and found the appropriate .icns file, renamed it and relaunched Dropbox and Finder, to no avail. ...

Hi @Sapridyne,

Icons have different possible formats. To be able remove/change some icon, you have to take care for all possible versions (not only for .icns files)! Dropbox supports multiple format like .icns and .png as well as the package Assets.car (all icons packed together). If you want to remove particular one, you need to make sure no one version of this icon exists. 😉 The same if you want to change some icon with another one (custom for instance).

Hope this gives direction.

Sapridyne
Explorer | Level 3

Good call -- I appreciate your thoughtful advice!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Sapridyne Explorer | Level 3
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?