cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renaming Files, but new name doesnt sync

Renaming Files, but new name doesnt sync

dycorbuilders
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I have renamed all my files but the new name is not synced on the other end to everyone who I have shared the files with, it still shows the old file name.

Ive even tried removing their access and then sharing the folder with the new renamed title.

Any suggestions?

Cheers 

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@dycorbuilders wrote:

Ive even tried removing their access and then sharing the folder with the new renamed title.

Renaming a shared folder only affects your copy of the folder. Any member can rename or move a shared folder and it will not be renamed or moved for other members. This is so each person can manage the files in their own account as they see fit.

In order to share the folder with a new name you would need to create a new folder with the name of your choosing, move the content from the old folder to the new folder, and then share that folder with the intended recipients.

dycorbuilders
New member | Level 2

Cheers

Thanks for the reply

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

dycorbuilders New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?