cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ridiculously slow upload speeds

Ridiculously slow upload speeds

merk
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I've tried uploading through the website and using the windows app.  In both cases I'm lucky if i get 1/100 of what my actual upload limit is. I'm trying to upload about 4gb worth of files and it's saying its going to take 2+ days because it's uploading at 20kbps. Even comcast is faster then this.

I've already set the app to use unlimited bandwith and it hasn't helped. Dropbox is pretty easy to use, but if this is the fastest I can upload, dropbox is going to get dropped.

86 Replies 86

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @ache75, thanks for the initial troubleshooting.

Could you also give these steps (for Mac) a try?

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ache75
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi @Lusil, unfortunately I'm still having upload speed issues. Any other troubleshooting I can try on a Mac?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Sorry to hear that, @ache75

Could you also try temporarily closing any third party apps, like security software and antivirus, and try again? 

Do you also only get this issue when you're trying to sync files from the web by any chance? 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ache75
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi @Lusil,

I don't have any security software on antivirus on my Mac. Sorry, not sure what you mean by "Do you also only get this issue when you're trying to sync files from the web by any chance?" The issue I'm experiencing is when trying to sync from my desktop to Dropbox (using the desktop app).

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for trying that out, @ache75

I can see that you're also troubleshooting this with Walter on this thread

Have you given their suggestion a try?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Alanl33
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

We've had the same problem, use Filezilla Pro (Supports DB login) and open up multiple channels for export directly into your Dropbox storage. It's blazing fast! We're superusers with over 30TB of DB storage for video production. 

ache75
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks @Alanl33, we'll look into that as an option. Appreciate you letting me know about it.

ache75
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@Lusil not sure if an advanced re-install will affect this upload speed issue. The re-install is to hopefully fix a problem we encountered a couple days ago where Dropbox keeps stuck syncing 2 files, but I'll give it a try.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
No worries, @ache75

Just remember that if you're on a Basic (free) account, there’s a three device limit and you'll have to make sure that you've got less than three devices connected to proceed.

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

ache75
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@Lusil, yup I understand. The issue is also/mainly happening with our paid business account.

Need more support?