cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add dropbox files to a dropbox file requests failed

Add dropbox files to a dropbox file requests failed

matahariungu
Explorer | Level 3

- My client sent me a dropbox file requests
- I tried to add my own dropbox files to their dropbox file requests that sent to me (sometimes my chrome browser showed me "Failed to load request"  on either incognito or NON incognito)
- i have got around 1650 files. Each files is around 25mb
- Seems like dropbox only upload up to a certain number of files, approx 100 files, instead of all selected files
- I am using dropbox professional. My client use dropbox advanced
- Both of our dropbox still have lots of space

But, adding up from my dropbox account to their dropbox via file request is not fully uploaded.
Am i missing something here? is there a limitation on uploading to dropbox via file request?
or it is a system glitch ?

Can someone kindly help. thanks

6 Replies 6

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @matahariungu, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you try switching browsers to see if this helps?

Otherwise, you can try using incognito/private browsing mode, specifically without any extensions running, clearing your cache and even resetting your browser entirely.

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

matahariungu
Explorer | Level 3

tried all, switch to microsft edge, remove all extension, reset edge settings, try on both private and non private browsing. not helping.
seems like the dropbox cannot cope with large number of files during the file request transfer by the means of adding the files via dropbox account?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @matahariungu, happy Monday!

Just to check, do you see a different behavior when it's fewer files at a time?

Can you send us a screenshot of the error message you're getting, so we can look into it?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

matahariungu
Explorer | Level 3
When I upload files less than 100, I haven't got a problem, all successfully uploaded

Starting when I upload lots of files such as 1000+, the system upload about 100+ but files then it is just return to the same file request page with the submit button again

When I click on submit button again, it will repeat submitting files from the top lists, hence creating duplicates

Only solution is I have to check which files I had uploaded and delete those file name in the list and click submit again, and this repeat for few times until I successfully transfer my Dropbox to their Dropbox via file request

matahariungu
Explorer | Level 3
No error message at all during the process I mentioned above, the system just return me to the file request page with all list of filenames I added to the file request via my Dropbox account

I am using profesional account, the file request person using a tier higher than me

Jay
Dropbox Staff

We appreciate the feedback on this matter. We take all comments into consideration when improving the Dropbox site and services.

In the meantime, we'd recommend uploading files in batches no larger than 100 files at a time to prevent this from occurring on your device.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    matahariungu Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?