cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Selective Sync not showing all folders

Selective Sync not showing all folders

John A.14
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Unsure why, but a folder I generated online and then sent some files to, won't appear on any of the computers selective sync window. Using Mac latest version, 3.8.3. I can't untick that folder. I've tried renaming it, etc but it doesn't help.

57 Replies 57

rw3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This fix worked for me - finally. I had a "-" hyphen in my folder name. I removed it and it finally synced. Thank you!

JimLudden
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Been using Dropbox for years from my Mac. Now hooked old Windows7 machine and I can see three of my folders but not the fourth, which is my current project.

No clue why.  If it were a synch issue, I would expect to have a message indicating that synch (with Win machine) was in progress.

Jottlas
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

And we had a colon ":" in a folder name causing that folder not to appear or sync in Windows. I removed the colon and now its visible and syncs beautifully.

ThorDAN
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I solved the issue by changing the name of the master directory not being synced on the webpage. hope it also works for you.

gmcall
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This worked for me too, which is bizzarre, because I have a few folders in my DropBox with a hyphen in the folder name. It just was affecting this new folder that I'd added to my DropBox which wasn't showing up. Replacing the '-' with a '_' did the trick. Thanks!

Bella2511
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Legend! this was my problem - a little too much punctuation! Thanks for the tip - I'm not sure I would have worked that out on my own. B

Michaelphotog
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have the same problem. Can't download the folder (too big), can't share it with myself, can't add to my Dropbox. Yet there it is sitting there online.

lmarnott
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi guys i found that any folders that finished with a full stop ---  . --- would not sync. I suspect that explorer figured that it was a file without a file extension and would not show it.

Need more support?