cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared folder not updating with new photos added past when the link is created

Shared folder not updating with new photos added past when the link is created

UpsetBlackberry
New member | Level 2

Hi!
I have a folder that I upload photos to regularly and I will occasionally share this folder with other people by using the share link. The problem is that, after I send someone the link, if I add more photos to the folder, the person with the link I shared can’t see any of the new stuff that’s been added. They can only see what was in the folder at the time I sent them the link. How do I make it so that the folder updates with new photos for anyone that I send the link to?

1 Reply 1

Mark
Super User II

Hi @UpsetBlackberry 

You cannot I'm afraid is the simple answer. This is because there is no link, at all, between you/the other person with shared links. If you want them to get updates they EITHER need to revisit the link or you need to set up a Shared Folder with them instead but being aware that means they could have edit rights and WILL need enough quota to add it in to their account. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?