cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Download 1/100th of my Internet Speed?

Slow upload speeds on Windows 7

Soonjas
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I am experiencing the super slow upload speed via Dropbox desktop App ( v 120.4.4598 ) and I am running Windows 7. It used to be good and only recently noticed super slow upload speed. Funny thing is, upload via chrome browser works and utilizes my bandwidth to the max which is great. I have tried reinstalling the app, playing around with settings, rebooting router and modem, speed tests, tried that fix by merk. Also have tried installing Dropbox onto a laptop (win7) and get the same upload speed around 250KB/s. It seems like there is hard limit on the upload speed set by Dropbox.

I have wasted too much time on this. It is not my internet, as upload speeds are great to Google Drive and other speedtests, even the dropbox browser upload is fast.

Conclusion is the desktop app upload is slow. Definitely something wrong with the desktop app. So tempted to try the Filezilla Pro option, have to pay though =( 

Please fix this Dropbox!

57 Replies 57

unitiakash
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi team,

I am having issue with uploading files to drobox and  when i check speed test that are within specification 

My Isp is not able to address the issue as we have tried uploading via browser and desktop app as well on computer but the uploading speed is typically slow 

I have confirmed all the settings are intact in my drobox as the bandwidth is not limited and all other settings are intact

Now what troubleshooting my isp should do to address the issue as the speed test and tracert everything is within specification and can not see any packet loss as well

Thanks in advance 

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @unitiakash, welcome to our Community!

Let me ask, is it possible that a proxy, VPN, firewall, security software, or even your ISP/router is blocking communication to the Dropbox domains? 

Also, does this happen with all of your files? 

Let me know more!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

jlackey
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have a Gigbit connection connection at work, and my PC is is very fast, yet Dropbox is very slow to sync, and my 3TB business account will take a week to sync! I have not limited speeds in the Dropbox app.

See attached screenshot.

speed.png

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @jlackey, let's see what we can find on this! 

Can you let me know the version of the Dropbox app installed on your device? 

If you hover your mouse over the little Dropbox icon, it should show: xxx.3.xxx or xxx.4.xxx. 

If I were you, I'd also try changing the bandwidth to "no limit". Have you tried that? 

Keep me posted!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

jlackey
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Now it works. Currently at 245 mbps on wireless.

I have another PC on the same connection (hardwired) and it is always fast with DB (up to 700mbps)

jlackey
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

And to clarify, I did not touch the PC between posts. 

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Interesting find, @jlackey.

Keep an eye on it, and let me know how it progresses. 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

tiffany31
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm faced this problem before, my upload speed goes 8-10 kbps then i use a vpn and turns in mbps , try a vpn .

Jul1ans
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I solved the slow uplaod issue by getting a VPN and changing my location. I tried so many things and nothing worked, not sure why this works but it does!

rootsandculture
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Screenshot 2022-04-10 10.45.37.png

Hi, I'm having problems with download speeds on Windows 7, its stuck on 1.5 MB aprox, and I have 5MB actually, it happens only in Windows 7 with the DB client. I have all the security and latest Win 7 patches already installed.

Need more support?