cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Issues and Dropbox Help

Sync Issues and Dropbox Help

Stephen S.32
Helpful | Level 6

I am one of the original users of Dropbox and recommend it to all my medical colleagues and to my patients as well. For me it is a crucial application. 

In past times when I encountered a problem with Dropbox and could not solve it, I was able to easily reach tech support and communicate with someone on the Dropbox team.  It seems that as we advance (supposedly), our accessibility to those at the head of the horse has become seriously in doubt or non-existent.  I have never had sync issues until a few months ago.  I look at the files and the file-naming and see nothing wrong. I read about sync issues per Dropbox and get no semblance of a solution.  Therefore, "go to file" or "how to fix" are unable to resolve this problem.  Does anyone have a solution to this "issue"?  I am using an iMac with OS 12.6.7.  I guess my current option is to turn off notifications from Dropbox. 

Stephen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen S.32
Helpful | Level 6

I believe I fixed the problem by going to the parent folder that contained all the files with sync issues, then clicked on "Get Info" and then edited permissions by adding Dropbox and applying to all subfolders and files.  I have never had to do this before.  I do not think Dropbox itself provides adequate answers to this issue of "sync issues". 

BTW, I am using Dropbox version 181.4.5678 on a Mac running OS 12.6.7 (Monterey).  Personally, I do think Dropbox should show "check for updates" as almost all other apps do this.  Below are the screenshots you asked for.  So far, I am not seeing this recur making the above changes. 

Sync Issues.jpg

1234 2023-08-29 at 8.56.05 AM.jpg

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@Stephen S.32 wrote:

I have never had sync issues until a few months ago.  ... Does anyone have a solution to this "issue"?

You need to be more specific about the issue you're having as you haven't really described the problem. Are you seeing errors while syncing? If so, what are they? What version of Dropbox are you running? Do you have a screenshot showing the problem? etc.

Stephen S.32
Helpful | Level 6

I believe I fixed the problem by going to the parent folder that contained all the files with sync issues, then clicked on "Get Info" and then edited permissions by adding Dropbox and applying to all subfolders and files.  I have never had to do this before.  I do not think Dropbox itself provides adequate answers to this issue of "sync issues". 

BTW, I am using Dropbox version 181.4.5678 on a Mac running OS 12.6.7 (Monterey).  Personally, I do think Dropbox should show "check for updates" as almost all other apps do this.  Below are the screenshots you asked for.  So far, I am not seeing this recur making the above changes. 

Sync Issues.jpg

1234 2023-08-29 at 8.56.05 AM.jpg

Stephen S.32
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I did reply to this problem with a solution.  

"edited permissions by adding Dropbox and applying to all sub-folders and files.  I have never had to do this before.  I do not think Dropbox itself provides adequate answers to this issue of "sync issues".  Dropbox support is not what it used to be. I speak as one of the longest users and advocates of Dropbox and use this key app on a daily basis.  

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Stephen S.32 Helpful | Level 6
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?