cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 8 4k 60fps video not uploading

iPhone 8 4k 60fps video not uploading

blackfox986
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I recently upgraded to an iPhone 8 and enabled the 4k 60fps video option, which by default saves all video files using the HEVC file format. I am aware there are some compatability issues with this format on some platforms, but I only have Apple hardware in my device chain so everything should be fine. Dropbox says it can sync these file types but i only ever receive an unable to upload photo error. No Dropbox app updates are available from the app store and im on the lastest iOS.

10 Replies 10

blackfox986
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

So I have seen some further development on this issue. I have found that if you wait and I’m not sure how long yet, the videos eventually upload. I don’t know what the reason behind this is, however I suspect it has something to do with some kind of video processing Apple are doing once the video has been captured. They could be putting a lock on the file while they re-encode a HEVC version.

Even if that was the case (and it’s just a personal theory at the moment) it doesn’t explain why you still get the issue if HEVC is disabled with a lower resolution and frame rate, nor why you can manually upload the video immediately but have to wait for it to occure naturally.

I have had an initial response from support, hopefully that progresses to a conclusion and I will update here.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Find Answers section here. ]
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

blackfox986 Explorer | Level 3
    Juunas Experienced | Level 12
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?