cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: syncing drop box and server

syncing drop box and server

Anna C.2
New member | Level 1

Hello --

I would like to use my local server as basically a hard drive to back up our dropbox for business files. Is there a way to do that? If anyone could provide info or link me to an article on how to do this, it would be much appreciated.

To be clear -- I want my employees to use the dropbox for our day to day business, but I want my server to keep a copy of the files that are in dropbox and to have it sync automatically.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

Just install the Dropbox client on the server and link it to your Dropbox for Business account and it will sync. If you want it to continue syncing when not logged in as a user, look up how to run it as a service or a scheduled task. You can find information on this at http://www.dropboxwiki.com.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Need more support?