cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to a shared folder lost. What should I do?

Access to a shared folder lost. What should I do?

PlanetL
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have a shared folder on Dropbox and I just noticed all my files are gone. I checked events and it says "You removed your access to the shared folder (name of folder ) on 2/10/2023 6:02 PM". I don't recall ever doing this, unless by accident somehow. I hope there would have been an "are you sure you want to remove yourself" popup box. If there was, I don't think I would have proceeded. My question is two fold:

- How can I regain access to this folder and the files again?

- Is it possible someone else with access to the folder removed me? I would think if that was the case, it would not say that I removed access to it. It would say the name of the person who removed me instead. 

Thank you and I appreciate any help.  If I lost these files I don't know what I will do.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@PlanetL wrote:

How can I regain access to this folder and the files again?

If you're unable to rejoin the folder on your Share page, contact the owner of the folder and ask them to re-invite you.

Is it possible someone else with access to the folder removed me? I would think if that was the case, it would not say that I removed access to it.

Yes, and it would still say you removed your access.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@PlanetL wrote:

How can I regain access to this folder and the files again?

If you're unable to rejoin the folder on your Share page, contact the owner of the folder and ask them to re-invite you.

Is it possible someone else with access to the folder removed me? I would think if that was the case, it would not say that I removed access to it.

Yes, and it would still say you removed your access.

PlanetL
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Thank you very much!
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

PlanetL Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?