cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting a Signature Request (from DropBox Sign)

Deleting a Signature Request (from DropBox Sign)

ghulseman
Explorer | Level 4

How do I delete a signature request that is still pending and no has signed the document? We currently have two requests that are pending, but in one case the client has changed his mind. In the other case, the client has come to our office to fill out the form. in both cases, we would like to cancel the request or simply delete the forms.

If I go to the Signatures page, my only option is to Download the files. If I go to All Files and click "progress" I can see several files, but can't determine which files belong to these two particular clients.

Not sure where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

16 Replies 16

Walter
Dropbox Staff

HI there @ghulseman - thanks for using Dropbox and welcome to the Community!

I believe it's not possible to delete signature requests completely at this time, but let me double check with the team and get back to you.

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

ghulseman
Explorer | Level 4

Can I get a final answer on this question? It's really necessary for us to be able to manage our files. Are we the only ones with this issue?

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the nudge on this @ghulseman 

I heard back from the team and it seems that you can cancel a signature request by following these steps:

A. From a web browser:

1. Sign in to http://hellosign.com 
  2. Click Documents in the left sidebar.
  3. Hover over“⁝”(vertical ellipsis) next to the request you’d like to cancel.
  4. Click Delete pending.

B. From the Dropbox Sign mobile app:

1. Open the Dropbox Sign mobile app.
  2. Tap See all to display all signature requests.
  3. Tap the request you wish to cancel.
  4. Tap the“⁝”(vertical ellipsis) in the top right corner.
  5. Tap Delete request.
  6. Tap Delete to confirm.

If you still find troubles with this, you can navigate to the Signatures page and try cancelling the signature request from there.  

I hope this helps! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

ghulseman
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for this info. This doesn't work for me, but before I go into detail, I'd like to make sure I'm logging into DropBox Sign correctly.

I've been going to https://app.hellosign.com Is this the same as going to http://hellosign.com?

Regardless, when I log in to either of these urls, I always get a message that says "Looks like there is an existing Dropbox account associated with this email." So I click that link and it takes me to DropBox Sign. Though my browser url always says I'm at this address: https://www.dropbox.com/signatures.

Is all that normal? Again, I want to make sure I'm logging in correctly before I continue to troubleshoot. Thanks very much for your help. 

and once I log in the URL in my browser window 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @ghulseman, if you've paid for a Dropbox Sign account, you'll be able to login to the Hellosign page. 

As it directs you to the Signatures page, this means you're on a normal paid Dropbox account with the option for Signatures. Do you see any options to delete Signature requests from that page?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ghulseman
Explorer | Level 4

-Hi Jay,

We're paying $22/month for our DropBox Sign account.

After logging in, I click the Signatures tab from the left and see four pending signature documents. One of these is a client who has changed his mind about signing. The other is a client who has already come into the officer and signed in person. So four pending signature documents, two we'd like to cancel.

If I click the vertical ellipsis next to the two pending signature documents we'd like to cancel, the only option is to download. Interestingly enough, the two more recent documents (that we don't want to cancel) can still be cancelled. My guess is that the option to cancel is time sensitive.

If I go to All Files from the tab on the left of the screen I can find the four pending signature documents, but there's no description or date that tells me which of the four pending documents I'm looking at. We can delete from this page. Earlier I deleted one of the four pending documents as an experiment, but on the Signatures page all four pending documents were still there. So even if this worked, it would be less than ideal because there's no way to tell which document you are deleting!

Our main concern of course, is that the two clients who changed their minds about signing online are going to continue to get email reminders.  My hope is that if the option to cancel has expired, then the reminder emails will also stop. Can you confirm this?

Thanks for your help. 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi from me too, @ghulseman. When trying to log in to Dropbox Sign, do you see any option to dismiss the "Looks like there is an existing Dropbox account associated with this email.” message and continue directly with Dropbox Sign instead of Dropbox? 

Feel free to send a screenshot of what you see too (just make sure to hide your email address, if it’s showing).

If not, we can log a ticket for you directly (to this email address), and look into this internally.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

ghulseman
Explorer | Level 4

-Hi Nancy,

We always get the "Looks like there is an existing Dropbox account associated with this email.” message when logging in. The only thing to do is to click the link after the message.

dropbox_sign_screenshot.jpg

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for this screenshot, @ghulseman! Out of curiosity, are you getting the same error even if you click on the “Sign in with Dropbox” button directly (without inserting your email address)? 

If yes, I’d like you to clear your browser’s cache and try again.

One more thing you can try is to open another browser on your computer and test this from there, as well. 

Let me know if any of these suggestions help.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ghulseman Explorer | Level 4
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?