cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Paper document lose formatting on Android

Dropbox Paper document lose formatting on Android

JGHouston
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

For the last couple of weeks the Paper app on Android has been acting up, I have several documents with formatting, mainly bullet list and pictures, when I tried to edit a document already in Paper I lose all of the formatting and even the pictures, I had to go to the desktop version an roll back to a previous version of the document, I can not edit or create new documents with formatting, my android version has been working good for years and all of the sudden I have this issue that is really inconvenient because I really need to use my phone or tablet to work on my documents, I'm not in front of my laptop all day.

I already uninstalled the Paper and the Dropbox apps a couple of times and reinstalled with no luck.

Any ideas of what might be the problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mahobbo
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I changed default keyboard from Samsung to gboard which resolved the issue outright. Really interesting on a Samsung device? So what is the default keyboard & why is it apparently bound so much with Google?

View solution in original post

40 Replies 40

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @JGHouston, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Could you please clarify if you've noticed this happen with a specific Paper doc of yours or is it affecting all of your docs?

Did you try clearing the app's cache at all lately?

Any additional information will be more than welcome!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

LuciLouWho
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

About a month ago, my Dropbox stopped allowing me to format, by inserting paragraph breaks.  i.e. addresses - select return after the first one to go to the second one and it jumps clear to the bottom of the file and scrunches everything back together again.  I have been using Dropbox for over a year now without these problems, so I'm guessing it was after an update they completed.  ALL of my documents/files/folders are this way.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.

LuciLouWho
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I believe we are having the same issue and sounds like it started about the same time as mine!  Were you able to get yours resolved?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @LuciLouWho, sorry to hear you're also having issues with this.

Could you please share some additional information and/or screenshots so that we can assist further? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

LuciLouWho
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
How can I attach acreen shots?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @LuciLouWho, in the reply box, there should a camera icon which would allow you to upload screenshots there to the forum.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

JGHouston
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

It affects all documents already in my DROPBOX and even creating new documents, I uninstall both apps PAPER and BROPBOX, even that I just have issues with PAPER app.

See attached screenshots, the first one is the existing document, the second one is when I tried to edit it on my phone I automatically lose all formattingScreenshot_20220222-131350_Paper.jpgScreenshot_20220222-131126_Paper.jpg.

JGHouston
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Jay,

I saw the reply on my email, I click to attach screenshots but the camera icon is not shown on the Android phone, I had to log in on my laptop to attach the screenshots 

JGHouston
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

I couldn't attach screenshots from my phone I didn't see the camera icon on my Android device, I had to log in on my laptop.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

zwickysarkozy Helpful | Level 5
    mahobbo Helpful | Level 5
    JGHouston Helpful | Level 7
What do Dropbox user levels mean?