cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox account which has been shared to me is now showing as deleted

Dropbox account which has been shared to me is now showing as deleted

New member | Level 2

Hi,

Please, can anyone help with how I can fix an issue with a shared Dropbox account? 

A dropbox account was shared with me via a link. I have had access to this dropbox for five months. I recently accessed the dropbox account using the link, and it is now showing an error page. See the screenshot below. 

1260_0-1679567925253.png

Does anyone know how I can reaccess this folder's content?

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@1260 wrote:

A dropbox account was shared with me via a link. I have had access to this dropbox for five months. I recently accessed the dropbox account using the link, and it is now showing an error page.

The owner of the files has likely moved or deleted them, so they're no longer available at that link. You'll need to contact the owner of the files and ask for a new link.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @1260, sorry to hear about this.

It seems that you were given access to some files or folders through a shared link, not access to the whole account. 

In that case, you'll need to ask the person who shared the link with you to restore the deleted files or folders the link points to from their end.

They should be able to do it through their deleted files page or the events page

I hope this helps!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?