cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel collaboration with same account on multiple devices

Excel collaboration with same account on multiple devices

puscasadi
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello. We have one account with the maximum devices - 3. And we want to use the excel dropbox badge to turn red with lock when another one is editing the file. It doesn't work right now, we are editing at the same time from 2 different devices on same account and no lock is shown to collaborate.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution
@puscasadi wrote:
... Is there a way to make them visible in dropbox desktop for everyone? For example someone accesses his dropbox folder and these files to appear ...

Yes of course, that's what shared file/folder is for. 😉 Just one clarification, you can't share the entire Dropbox folder (only subfolders - which is usually enough - just to avoid confusion)! Using link you can't keep the content in automatic sync, so links are unusable in your case. They are convenient way to share your work to somebody needing read only access (without engaging Dropbox storage and even without needed Dropbox account).

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

Hi @puscasadi,

You are hitting on a Dropbox hurt! 😁🤷 This feature works on collaboration between different accounts only, not between different devices on the same account (as you do). Single account supposed to be used by a single user only and no any synchronization of such type is provided (including between different applications - something leading to conflicts often). What to say... just a bug - idea/conception bug.

You can solve this (workaround actually) by using different account (create it anew) for every single collaborator. 😉

Good luck.

puscasadi
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thank you. The only problem is we have like 20 files which we edit at the same time. Is there a way to make them visible in dropbox desktop for everyone? For example someone accesses his dropbox folder and these files to appear without using some kind of link to send access.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution
@puscasadi wrote:
... Is there a way to make them visible in dropbox desktop for everyone? For example someone accesses his dropbox folder and these files to appear ...

Yes of course, that's what shared file/folder is for. 😉 Just one clarification, you can't share the entire Dropbox folder (only subfolders - which is usually enough - just to avoid confusion)! Using link you can't keep the content in automatic sync, so links are unusable in your case. They are convenient way to share your work to somebody needing read only access (without engaging Dropbox storage and even without needed Dropbox account).

Hope this helps.

puscasadi
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thank you so much! Quick and to the point on the responses! 👏

sadielaay
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi,I only have one device.I don't know what is going on.Im scared to death though. I have not done any of these things I am being accused of.I cant leave my children,grandbabies and husband.I CAN'T😭😭.I would rather be gone...God help me

sadielaay
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I don't know how,Im sorry.Not up to date on technology.Im sorry

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@sadielaay wrote:
... I have not done any of these things I am being accused of. ...

Hi @sadielaay,

Hm..🤔 Who actually accused you and for what? Can you clarify what's your question at the end?

God probably won't help you but you can help yourself, I believe! 😉

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Legendary | Level 20
    sadielaay New member | Level 2
    puscasadi Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?