cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files not showing up in Shared folder

Files not showing up in Shared folder

sheepdoll
New member | Level 2

I have a shared folder on the web interface to a member with a buisness account on their computer.  Up until now I can see anything they put in the folder.   And they can see anything I upload.

This time the files are not appearing.  If I or they delete an exiting file they or I or they see it immediatly. So there is a link between the folders.

The one thing different on their end is that someone else shared a folder that made the new shared folder the top level with the the, person I am sharing with's,  root folder a sub folder of the other other person's share.  So instead of a path on their end that was  /Dropbox/myShare/ the path on their end is now /OtherShare/Dropbox/myShare/

The other party is busy (as am I) and niether of  us not know a lot about dropbox.  The person on the other end did attempt to click share on the file, but I still do not see it.

Ideally there should be a refresh button to sync the files.

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@sheepdoll wrote:

So instead of a path on their end that was  /Dropbox/myShare/ the path on their end is now /OtherShare/Dropbox/myShare/

That's likely part of the problem. Shared folders cannot be nested like that. It's probably best if your folder is unshared (assuming it still is), moved out of the other folder and then reshared with the appropriate people.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?