cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do i stop Automatic scrolling to bottom of page?

How do i stop Automatic scrolling to bottom of page?

David6162
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

When entering data into a new text file the screen automatically scrolls to the bottom of the page and I have to manually go to the top again to enter data but after a few seconds it go to the bottom again. Very annoying. It just started this a few months ago. I tried deleting the app on my Android device and reinstalling and signing in. No luck. Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

stromther
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had to jump through way too many hoops to figure out how to fix this myself, so I'm leaving my solution in this chain for David6162 & anyone else that comes looking for answers in the future.

I'm like 80% sure this issue is caused by the Grammarly implementation into the Samsung keyboard. Grammarly is responsible for the green underlines under text it wants you to check & for some reason it's extremely insistent on you confirming the most recent underline (typically near or at the bottom of the page), so it snaps you to it very frequently to get your attention. 

First thing I tried was to just disable Grammarly outright in keyboard settings but that didn't seem to work for me, so I dug a little deeper and found you can manually select which apps you want to disable Grammarly spellchecking for.

Goto: Settings > General Management > Samsung Keyboard Settings > Suggest text corrections > Manage apps ; once there you can disable which apps Grammarly will try to check for you (in this case you should look for Dropbox). Bear in mind you will still have access to standard Samsung autocorrect after disabling this so spellchecking shouldn't be an issue after disabling this.

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @David6162, let's see what we can find on this! 

What version of the app and the OS do you have installed on your device? 

Also, feel free to send me some screenshots, so I can have visual on my end about this too. 

Keep me posted. Thanks! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

David6162
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I have APP version 274.2.2 on Android OS version 12. When I create lists and am adding data somewhere in middle or top of screen the auto scroll moves the list up and have to manually move it down to keep adding data. Thanks

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to jump in here, @David6162.

Can you let us know what type of file this is happening to (for example .txt) and how you are editing these files?

Are you using some kind of third party app?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

David6162
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I am creating a text file (.txt)and not using a 3rd party app. I create a list of patients I am following in the hospital...
1. John Doe Rm 3303
2. Jane Smith Rm 2201
Then as I see them I go back to enter data and everytime I add something the screen jumps to the bottom.
1. John Doe Rm 3303
Hb 12.4, WBC 8
2. Jane Smith Rm 2201
Temp 101.5, etc
If I have 15 or 20 patients and I enter something, even one letter, on patient 3 it jumps to the last patient and I have to scroll back up to continue and it jumps back down again. I've had no problem for years until about 4 months ago. Help?

David6162
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
1. John Doe 3301
33 yo w hematemesis
4/11 - 99223. Hb. 10

2. Jane Smith 2223
87 yo w abd distension
4/11- 99224. KUB nl

4. Bubba Smith 2131
4/12 - 99232. CT OK

5. Miles Davis 3212
68 yo w hearing problems
4/12 - 99234. WBC nl

When I go back to John Doe to add WBC after the Hb it jumps to the last pt!!!

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the update, David. 

If you go to the Dropbox app settings and clear the cache of the app, does that help?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

David6162
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thanks for the suggestion but I did clear the cache and it didn't help. Still jumps to the bottom when I change one piece of data on earlier entries. Crazy

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @David6162, I see.

Would it then be okay for me to send you an email, in order for us to have a closer look into this? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

stromther
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had to jump through way too many hoops to figure out how to fix this myself, so I'm leaving my solution in this chain for David6162 & anyone else that comes looking for answers in the future.

I'm like 80% sure this issue is caused by the Grammarly implementation into the Samsung keyboard. Grammarly is responsible for the green underlines under text it wants you to check & for some reason it's extremely insistent on you confirming the most recent underline (typically near or at the bottom of the page), so it snaps you to it very frequently to get your attention. 

First thing I tried was to just disable Grammarly outright in keyboard settings but that didn't seem to work for me, so I dug a little deeper and found you can manually select which apps you want to disable Grammarly spellchecking for.

Goto: Settings > General Management > Samsung Keyboard Settings > Suggest text corrections > Manage apps ; once there you can disable which apps Grammarly will try to check for you (in this case you should look for Dropbox). Bear in mind you will still have access to standard Samsung autocorrect after disabling this so spellchecking shouldn't be an issue after disabling this.

Need more support?