cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the folder size on the Dropbox website

How to find the folder size on the Dropbox website

AndreaShettle
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My drop box is apparently too large, and I think it's because I have many shared folders with other organizations (I'm a consultant, so these folders generally belong to the organization I'm contracted with).  I need to know which folders are the biggest so I can figure out how to fix the size issue, for example by asking to be dis-included for folders related to projects I'm no longer involved with. But the instructions I've googled for how to find the size of each folder have been USELESS. I'm trying to do this via the web interface.

• I do NOT have a "size column". Don't ask me to click that unless you can first instruct me HOW TO MAKE IT APPEAR.
  • Alternate instructions say to simply hover my cursor over a column header to find "size" that way. But simply hovering over a column header does NOTHING, meaning nothing shows up, no options, just absolutely NOTHING AT ALL. I cannot select "size" this way because there is NOTHING to be selected AT ALL.
  • If I left-click on a column header, it simply re-arranges the files, still without showing me any options to select from.
  • If I right-click on a header, it shows me the following options I can select, NONE of which include "size":

Multi-file organize
Set naming convention
Show deleted files
Request files
Rewind this folder

Please advise. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@AndreaShettle wrote:

But the instructions I've googled for how to find the size of each folder have been USELESS. I'm trying to do this via the web interface.

008d6fc7dc2cc95407abd1bb120c694a.gif

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@AndreaShettle wrote:

But the instructions I've googled for how to find the size of each folder have been USELESS. I'm trying to do this via the web interface.

008d6fc7dc2cc95407abd1bb120c694a.gif

BusinessM8
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am able to 'persuade' the Size Column to appear BUT NO SIZES ARE SHOWN just an ellipsis for each folder.  What am I missing please?

Screenshot 2023-09-25 at 17.39.30.jpg

BusinessM8
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Oops!  I should learn to read shouldn't I - on my screenshot I just noticed the 'Calculate Size' option!

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'm happy you were able to locate the 'calculate size option, @BusinessM8!

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    BusinessM8 New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?