cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to delete one of my Dropbox accounts but I cannot log in.

I want to delete one of my Dropbox accounts but I cannot log in.

Morealberto
New member | Level 2

Hi, All,

I want to delete one of my Dropbox accounts but I cannot log in: I both lost my password and I also changed email addresses: I cannot reset my password because the email in the account no longer works, and I cannot change my email address because I lost my password. I could not find a way to get a contact in Dropbox to help. Would any of you have any suggestions ? Thanks!

Alberto.

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@Morealberto wrote:

... I cannot log in: I both lost my password and I also changed email addresses: I cannot reset my password because the email in the account no longer works

You can try contacting Support, but without access to the email account it may not be possible to gain access to the Dropbox account. You need to maintain an active email address on your account so you can receive password resets and one-time security codes used during sign in.

To contact Support, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for sign in issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

While Dropbox may not help you gain access to the account, if it's on a paid subscription they will at least cancel any future charges. Also, if you don't gain access, the account will automatically be deleted after a year of inactivity.

Morealberto
New member | Level 2

Hi, Rich,

Thanks for your answer! Unfortunately, I have tried all these avenues, and after a lot of wading through help screens the only answer I could find was “contact your ESP”. I wish there was a way of deleting an account without needing to sign in.

Rich
Super User II

@Morealberto wrote:

I wish there was a way of deleting an account without needing to sign in.

The only method is to just leave the account alone and it will be deleted automatically after a year of inactivity.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Morealberto New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?