cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wrong time on files

Incorrect Timestamp shown to uploaded files

SusanR
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I noticed yesterday that the timestamp on my uploaded and edited files are anywhere between 6 and 9 hours earlier. My Time zone settings are set correctly.

78 Replies 78

vlinev
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi guys!

I reported this issue back in 2017 and I was told that it's going to be fixed, but I still see it is not. 

I see that when photos and videos are uploaded from my Android phone to the Dropbox cloud, they are getting renamed in the cloud folder and their name reflects their date and time, as follows for example for photos '2019-11-21 08.33.25.jpg'. This is fine for photos, this is expected. But video files do not get correct time in their file name! Video file time reflected in its file name is 10 or 11 hour behind, because I am on Sydney time zone (UTC+10 or +11). So for video files time is UTC, which is wrong, it does not take time zone into account. This happens only to video files. Photos are fine. 

Currently I am on Samsung Galaxy S10, Android 10. Dropbox app is the latest version. But the issue is still the same as back in 2017 and before.

Is there any solution for this? 

raket4u
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Exactly!
IT is 1 hour wrong in Denmark.
My video of new year fireworks was stampet one hour wrong.

ChristofferS
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Here is a screenshot from my files. When I choose Version history the times are correct, but here they are not. File 1 is OK. It was modified 50 min ago. File 2 has the wrong info. It was modified about 10.30 pm yesterday. It was NOT modified yesterday at 1:33 am. At that time i was asleep and my computer was shut off

dropbox.JPG

ollyradford
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi there,

I know this is an old thread, but I am currently getting incorrect timestamps on files uploaded via chrome browser.

All files have the same timestamp of 01/01/1970 00:00, which does not tally with the timestamps on the local copies, outside of dropbox folder.

Any ideas?

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Apologies for the delayed follow up on this thread!

It seems @ollyradford that you're experiencing something a little different here.

We've seen a few reports of this occurring here on the Community and it seems that this is isolated to the "Recents" section of the Home page, is this where you're seeing this?

Are you seeing this "1970" timestamp anywhere else like when viewing your files through the Files tab here?

Also, if anyone else is still experiencing the issue with the timestamps on their files showing a different time please just give me a nudge here so that I can follow up with you. I can check on any previous info you've posted here too so don't worry about that.

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

vlinev
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Daphe and Dropbox team!

Thanks for fixing this! Video files are now getting correct time stamps in their names! Thansk a lot!

ollyradford
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thanks for replying @Daphne

My issue wasn't in the recents, but if I drilled down to the folder where the files are located through the files tab.

I raised a ticket with support and did a bit of testing. Findings as follows:
Files uploaded through drag & drop in Chrome were assigned 01/01/1970 00:00 timestamps.

Files uploaded through drag & drop in Firefox were assigned timestamps of when the upload completed.

Files uploaded through the windows client preserved the timestamp of the file from windows.

The last being the expected behaviour.

I was using the browser as I get a much faster upload speed for large files than through the client...

Hope that helps, but mention me if you need any further info....

cheboiii
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

hello i too have this problem.

havent logged into dropbox for a while and have noticed the same issue.

everything is a timestamp of 
Jan 16/17th 1970.
i wasnt even born then! 😃

dropboxprob.png

miltpb
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm getting wrong time and date on my downloads,

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @miltpb, it seems you're having a different issue here.

Can you clarify for me how the timestamp is incorrect? Does it not show the time when the file was downloaded?

If you use another web browser or incognito/private window to download the file, do you have the same behaviour?

Keep me posted!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?