cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Desktop not sync with Mobile Andriod App

My desktop is not syncing with the Android Mobile App

Arjun S.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi

since last one month my Desktop Laptop App is not Sync the Files on my Mobile. However any file/camera uploads on my mobile is being reflected to my dekstop app.

I make changes on my laptop and not mobile. so its become a huge issue for me. someone KINDY help me

I using Samsung A52s 5G

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arjun S.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Hi On my Dell Laptop I'm using Windows 11 and on my Samsung A52s 5G im using Andriod 12 The same Files are shown in both the places BUT SYNC is happening Only ONE WAY i.e. from Mobile to Laptop The mobile i use only to view files or upload pics. So when i upload any pic or scans of documents they are uploaded on to the Laptop also and if i delete them on my mobile app they are deleted on the Laptop Also BUT (Hey i just realised) any chages i made in Laptop to a particular FOLDER are not sync on to the Mobile App. So its basically an issue with a particular folder.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Arjun S., sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Could you please let us know the OS version of your devices and the version of our app installed there as well?

Are you able to see the same files when you log into your account through a web browser on both devices? 

Any additional information is more than welcome!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Arjun S.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Hi On my Dell Laptop I'm using Windows 11 and on my Samsung A52s 5G im using Andriod 12 The same Files are shown in both the places BUT SYNC is happening Only ONE WAY i.e. from Mobile to Laptop The mobile i use only to view files or upload pics. So when i upload any pic or scans of documents they are uploaded on to the Laptop also and if i delete them on my mobile app they are deleted on the Laptop Also BUT (Hey i just realised) any chages i made in Laptop to a particular FOLDER are not sync on to the Mobile App. So its basically an issue with a particular folder.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to jump in here, @Arjun S..

This does sound very strange. 

So, if I understand correctly, you add files using the mobile app and they sync to your laptop, but if you add files from the laptop, they don't sync to your mobile app?

What do you see in your account online? Do changes you make on your laptop sync there?

Also, what is the sync status of the Dropbox application on your laptop?

You can see that by hovering over the Dropbox icon in your system tray with your mouse. 

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Arjun S.
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hey @Walter Walter and @Hannah Hanna

Thanks for taking time to go through my issues.

I figured out the issue. (Stupid me)

I upgraded the harddisk from a mechanical to SSD on my laptop a month ago.

The Technician created Two Partions C and D . The Drive D had my old data including Dropbox files.

I downloaded the app and it got installed in Partition C. 

I pin down most common excel files on the taskbar and they were linked to the old data on Drive D

So when ever i made changes to the files they were getting updated to D whereas the Drpobox App was in Drive C 

Since the Fodlers were the same i couldnt understand why sync was happening only from Mobike2Laptop and not vice versa.

Finally i hot upon trace back your steps. I realised that the problem is occuring since a month and what had chaged was my Harddisk being upgraded. So i checked the File Properties and saw that they were in Drive D whereas My Dropbox App was in Drive C.

copied the data from Drive D to Drive C and deleted the data in Drive D and changed the MS EXcel File Pinnning to Drive C 

All sorthed out

thanks everyone

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Glad to hear you managed to resolve this in the end @Arjun S. - thanks for keeping us in the loop too.

See you around the Community and have a lovely week ahead! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?