cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Search not working

Search not working

Mmmooo
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Dropbox search can’t find anything. The files, however, are there. How can I make Dropbox find them or reindex them???

113 Replies 113

klundq1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

And basically only certain cases. I consistently will not find certain cases - for example I can always find Smith, John, but never ever Smith, James. They should both come up when I search Smith, but only John comes up. And it is always that same case that is missing, but I have other ones that are consistently missing too. 

amcoffice
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

Thank you, Walter.  I look forward to hearing from someone soon.

WillAtOpenPixel
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Search is not working for us. We use Zapier search zap functions, and those aren't working either. We reached out, but they directed us to you since they use the same search function on your site. Files are there, no results. All apps are up to date. We're only searching online, and no need for mobile. 

mgibert
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

After updating client, my Dropbox don't search correctly in client.

I'm SysAdmin and in all of my computers, it's the same.

Can you help me? I need to downgrade Dropbox or can I wait for the next version because come soon?

PD: Sorry for my English, it's not so good 😞

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @mgibert, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Are you using a Windows or a Mac computer?

And are you only having an issue searching for files in your Dropbox folder, or other folders on your computer as well?

Let me know and we'll go from there.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

mgibert
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi @Hannah,

We use Windows 10 on all computers. You can see this snapshots with the problem.

I'm searching IT000 Document of first snapshot, but in second snapshot can't find it.

mgibert_0-1666097371959.png

Snapshot 1

mgibert_1-1666097387290.png

Snapshot 2

My version is 159.4.5870.

Thanks

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi all, thanks for your reports so far. 

I just wanted to mention that there's an issue with the search functionality and you can track this incident on this page

Our engineers are working to fix the issue and we'll make sure to keep you posted with any updates we may have.

Once again, thanks for flagging this with us. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

mpintomali
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Dropbox resolved this issue for me after several weeks and constant pushing on my part.  The engineering team was extremely slow and unresponsive.  They were the ones who had to fix it, and they finally did; but it was a poor experience to have had to have waited so long.  Since the fix, it has been working properly.  I hope this is helpful.

kymh
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi team,

I am also facing the same issue after updating to Dropbox beta.

Confirm: Alfred isn't able to locate Dropbox files even if they are available offline.

amcoffice
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

Thank you @Walter for finally letting us know that it is a Dropbox problem.  Brutal truth is always better than the tech-support runaround.  I will keep a watch on the incident update page (probably too often), because I of course have huge projects due this week, and the search problem is making the workload almost double.  Oh well, thank you for the update.

Need more support?