cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Badge shows a file was edited 420 years ago

The Badge shows a file was edited 420 years ago

martychaos
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Is anyone else having issues with Badge, randomly showing "<user> last edited this file 420 years ago".

it seems to affect both mac and windows users and appears to be random- in that we can't link it to a prticular folder/file or user.

Dropbox said they were investigating but have not come back with any explanation.

cheers

Marty

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

maxxkayne
Helpful | Level 5

I know this issue sucks big time, and I hate being the bearer of bad news...but

https://help.dropbox.com/installs/badge-overview

The timing and exact functionality of these features may change, and Dropbox doesn't provide warranties on the performance of these features.

View solution in original post

40 Replies 40

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @martychaos, thanks for posting today!

This is more of an issue that can occur with Windows, where a modification date of a file can be changed to the year 1601. 

Some research on this matter can be made after checking on the web regarding this date, and could possibly be a conflict with Windows/Unix systems on how they calculate time.

If the file is 'modified' on that date, then Dropbox would see it, and thus report it that way. It might be worth trying to edit the file quickly while on a Windows machine to see if this helps.

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ahm937
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the same issue. Driving me nuts. @martychaos

Tee Dub
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

We have been trying to get you guys to resolve this issue for well over a year now.

This is the response I got from your team today.

The team has advised me that a resolution for this issue may come at a later date, however, the team doesn't have an exact ETA at this stage.
If you have any questions, please let me know. 

This is affecting our ability to run our business with effective data and communication between our team members.

Completely unacceptable.

PN2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having the same issue, where one of my user's file changes are being dated 420 years ago.  Dropbox, please fix this issue!

martychaos
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi All,

still no fix, issue still appearing occasionally and as far as I know- no one is changing their file/folder dates to 1601.

I still can not find a replicable cause either.

Hey @dropboxsupport how about addressing this?

cheers

jscraven68
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Same issue here.  This is 2022 and we have virtual reality and AI technology but we haven't mastered how dates are used in computers....sad. 

owladmin
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

421 years ago now.  This is getting old, and it's a really dumb problem for such a pervasive software provider to have.  Could you maybe prioritize this for a fix?  

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @owladmin, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Would it be OK if we reach out to investigate further with device and account specific information?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Tee Dub
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Yes, please contact us immediately with a fix. I honestly cant believe that with all the money we give you every single month that we still cant see when the file was last edited.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

maxxkayne Helpful | Level 5
    SMWine Helpful | Level 5
    STSAdmin Helpful | Level 5
    Tee Dub Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?