cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real Example of ListFolderContinue: method in Objective-C

Real Example of ListFolderContinue: method in Objective-C

ponkymar
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Can someone please provide me a real example to show how listfoldercontinue: method works with listfolder: in objective-c or in swift? I have read 100 times the description of listfoldercontinue: method but can't understand in the right way. my folder always remains empty.

Previously I was using servermodified to know when the contents of a folder metdata changed.

To Dropbox team: Is it possible to get clientmodified and servermodified properties for DBFILESFolderMeta as well too just like we have clientModified and serverModified properties are available only for DBFILESFileMetadata?

Thank You

Ponky 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
The team just added a new sample to the README that shows how to use listFolder and listFolderContinue together:

https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-obj-c#rpc-style-request

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

*moves to API forum*

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks for the post! I don't believe we have a sample exactly like that available, so I'll send this along as a request for one.

I'm also sending this along as a request for modified times on non-file metadata, but I can't make any promises as to if or when that would be implemented and released. Using listFolder/listFolderContinue is a better way to keep track of changes.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
The team just added a new sample to the README that shows how to use listFolder and listFolderContinue together:

https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-obj-c#rpc-style-request

Hope this helps!

ponkymar
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

To Dropbox Team, 

Thank You for providing real example of listfolderContinue: method. Also now no need of timestamp property (like servermodified) for non-file type. 

Thank You again, 

brduffy
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Here is some example Swift code based on the Objective C code. This works for me to get all of the folders and directories including shared folders and directories.

func listFolderContinueWithClient(client: DropboxClient, cursor: String) { client.files.listFolderContinue(cursor: cursor).response { response, error in if let result = response { print("entries in continue:") for entry in result.entries { //if entry.name.hasSuffix(".fm") { if let folder = entry as? Files.FolderMetadata { print("directory") print(entry.pathDisplay!) self.dropBoxDirectoryArray.append(URL(fileURLWithPath: entry.pathLower!)) }else{ //print(entry.name) print(entry.pathDisplay!) self.dropBoxFileArray.append(URL(fileURLWithPath: entry.pathLower!)) } } if result.hasMore == true { self.listFolderContinueWithClient(client: client, cursor: cursor) }else{ print("no more entries") } } else { print("Error: \(error!)") } } } // FIXME: - root controler button click @objc func onClickBarButton(sender: UIBarButtonItem) { if sender.tag == 40 { // get from dropBox print("This is Directory Array") dump(self.dropBoxDirectoryArray) print("This is File array") dump(self.dropBoxFileArray) if let client = DropboxClientsManager.authorizedClient { client.files.listFolder(path: "", recursive: true).response { response, error in if let result = response { print("Folder contents:") for entry in result.entries { //if entry.name.hasSuffix(".fm") { if let folder = entry as? Files.FolderMetadata { print("directory") print(entry.pathLower!) // check for unmounted folders with a null pathLower self.dropBoxDirectoryArray.append(URL(fileURLWithPath: entry.pathLower!)) }else{ //print(entry.name) print(entry.pathDisplay!) self.dropBoxFileArray.append(URL(fileURLWithPath: entry.pathLower!)) } } if result.hasMore == true { self.listFolderContinueWithClient(client: client, cursor: result.cursor) }else{ } } else { print("Error: \(error!)") } } }else{ var topController = UIApplication.shared.keyWindow?.rootViewController while let presentedViewController = topController!.presentedViewController { topController = presentedViewController } DropboxClientsManager.authorizeFromController(UIApplication.shared, controller: topController, openURL: { (url: URL) -> Void in UIApplication.shared.open(url, options: [:], completionHandler: nil) }) } }

siddharth chauhan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

in recursive call shouldn't it be

self.listFolderContinueWithClient(client: client, cursor: result.cursor)

instead of this

self.listFolderContinueWithClient(client: client, cursor: cursor)

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@siddharth chauhan Yes, you're correct. The app should use the latest returned cursor, which would be result.cursor there.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    siddharth chauhan New member | Level 2
    brduffy Explorer | Level 4
    ponkymar Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?