cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync files behavior on android

Sync files behavior on android

ramona_cristea
Explorer | Level 3

Hello. I would like to implement a sync files behavior for my android application using the Dropbox API v2. From the Java documentation and your samples on github I find it hard to understand what steps are needed in order to achieve such a behavior. You have only samples for uploading and downloading a file, but what about synching multiple files? 

Could you please be so kind to provide a basic tutorial doing that or describe in some detail the steps I need to follow in order to implement such functionality for an android app? Thank you! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sync files behavior on android

Greg-DB
Dropboxer
The Dropbox API v2 Java SDK offers the ability to upload and download files programmatically, but it doesn't offer pre-built "sync" functionality. You'll need to use the uploading and downloading capabilities to develop whatever kind of sync logic you want in your app. I'll send this along as a request for pre-built sync support, or a tutorial, but I can't promise if/when that would be written.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropboxer
The Dropbox API v2 Java SDK offers the ability to upload and download files programmatically, but it doesn't offer pre-built "sync" functionality. You'll need to use the uploading and downloading capabilities to develop whatever kind of sync logic you want in your app. I'll send this along as a request for pre-built sync support, or a tutorial, but I can't promise if/when that would be written.

View solution in original post

ramona_cristea
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for your answer! Is there a ticket/issue which I can watch it? 

Greg-DB
Dropboxer
I'll make a note to follow up on this thread if/when something like this is written. (I'm not aware of any current work on anything like this though, so I do recommend working on an implementation in your own app's code.)

ramona_cristea
Explorer | Level 3

Ok, fair enough. Thank you!

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ramona_cristea Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?