cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync files behavior on android

Sync files behavior on android

ramona_cristea
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello. I would like to implement a sync files behavior for my android application using the Dropbox API v2. From the Java documentation and your samples on github I find it hard to understand what steps are needed in order to achieve such a behavior. You have only samples for uploading and downloading a file, but what about synching multiple files? 

Could you please be so kind to provide a basic tutorial doing that or describe in some detail the steps I need to follow in order to implement such functionality for an android app? Thank you! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
The Dropbox API v2 Java SDK offers the ability to upload and download files programmatically, but it doesn't offer pre-built "sync" functionality. You'll need to use the uploading and downloading capabilities to develop whatever kind of sync logic you want in your app. I'll send this along as a request for pre-built sync support, or a tutorial, but I can't promise if/when that would be written.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
The Dropbox API v2 Java SDK offers the ability to upload and download files programmatically, but it doesn't offer pre-built "sync" functionality. You'll need to use the uploading and downloading capabilities to develop whatever kind of sync logic you want in your app. I'll send this along as a request for pre-built sync support, or a tutorial, but I can't promise if/when that would be written.

ramona_cristea
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thank you for your answer! Is there a ticket/issue which I can watch it? 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
I'll make a note to follow up on this thread if/when something like this is written. (I'm not aware of any current work on anything like this though, so I do recommend working on an implementation in your own app's code.)

ramona_cristea
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Ok, fair enough. Thank you!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ramona_cristea Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?