cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox still charges fee after cancellation,

Dropbox still charges fee after cancellation,

Ozgurc75
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have already cancelled my account in January 2019 and received an email about closure. After I reviewed my credit card account today I saw 99 USD of fee is withdrawn from my credit card and I can not see the explanation because the link related with payments do not operate. I wrote an email to dropbox support today but a useless AI mail delivered. It offers a reactivation and then closing etc. Hope this will be solved without any more waste of time. 

42 Replies 42

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
I'm sorry to hear about that @Madison-7!

Can you clarify for me, are the charges made through the Google/Apple app store, or directly to Dropbox? You can see this from your bank statement.

If the charge is directly to Dropbox, can you use the lookup tool here to see if the charges might be associated with a different account?

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Vishalan Naidu
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I recently cancelled a subscription on the same day that i purchased it.  The full amount was however not refunded.  Why did that happen?  I would like a full refund as I cancelled the subscription on the same day that i purchased it.

tomkat1997
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

In February 2019 we emailed you to cancelled our account that was not being used. You transferred the money back that year to our account and told us you would cancel the subscription. We discovered this year that you have still been taking the subscription money over the last two years. Please could you get back to us with a solution in sorting this out and refunding our money?  The account has been cancelled so we have no why of talking to Help and Support.  The message we keep getting back is.

"Thanks for reaching out to Dropbox support. Replies to this email are routed to an unmonitored inbox and will not be answered by our support team".

You have a lot of our money and would like some help in having it transferred back into our account.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Vishalan Naidu and @tomkat1997, thanks for reaching out to us about this and sorry to hear about your frustration. 

Due to account-specific information that's needed to look into this, I'd recommend continuing via ticket. 

I'm more than happy to send you one, but you can also submit a request from this link (without being signed in). 

Let me know how you'd like to proceed and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

mjsc
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have cancelled my account in March 2020 and received an email about closure. After I reviewed my paypal account a few days ago I saw 119,88€ of fee is withdrawn from my paypal account and I can not see the explanation because the dropbox account is closed for me. I wrote an email to dropbox support but get no answer.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @mjsc, I'd be more than happy to help look into this with you. 

Since you mention that you've been in touch with our Support team, could you let me know the ticket ID (eg. #1234567)?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

tomkat1997
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Hi Lusil,

Please could you direct us with getting our money back.  This system you have is very hard to use and yes very frustrating.  It would be much easier if I could communicate with you via email.
[removed per the Community's Guidelines]

Kind Regards
Kate Griffiths

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Sure thing, @tomkat1997!

I sent you a ticket, so whenever you have the chance, go through your inbox and don't hesitate to get back to me.

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

BINMIN
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

what to do after I cancelled my account but still got bills charge?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @BINMIN, the best way to look into this would be through our Support team. 

Could you contacted them from this link (via an incognito window, without being signed in) and let me know the ticket ID (eg. #1234567)?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    limmediaunlimited New member | Level 2
    jamesfairbairn New member | Level 2
    BINMIN New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?