cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Authenticator not working

Mobile Authenticator not working

Daniel J.8
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Using 2-step verification, I've recently tried switching from receiving texts to using the mobile authenticator. However, the latter is not working.
I'm getting 'invalid' code when i try to input the code generated. How is this possible?
Is there no other way to use 2-step authenticator without having to resort to texts?

78 Replies 78

ronosolo777
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am not receiving SMS to login to my account, please this is not professional service from dropbox.
I have tried many times since days gone and nothing works.

I do not have any connected device to the account and I have read all articles on your website and nothing works.

You are recommending us to activate to 2FA features for our accounts to secure it more and after all of that it is not working !!!!

Best Regards

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @ronosolo777, thanks for posting here, and sorry to hear about it. 

Would it be okay for me to reach out to your email, so we can have a closer look into this together?

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ronosolo777
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Pleaseeeeeee, i had posted yesterday on the community and I couldn't reply the drpboxer LORI, i cant press the reply button !!!!!!!!!!!!

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @ronosolo777, no worries! 

You should have an email from me.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ronosolo777
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Dear Lori, 

I am really confused, i have sent you an email from the one facing issue with and you haven't answered or helped, I am so sorry to say this is nor professional support from dropbox.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Lori emailed you on Thursday as per this thread

Have you replied back yet? Note, however, that support do not work weekends so you wont get a reply until Monday at the earliest. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

ronosolo777
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

and I immediately replied Lori once I received her email

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

She/support will get back to you soon as possible.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

ronosolo777
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

it is more than 10 days since the first email to dropbox support Mark !!!!

ronosolo777
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Dear Dropbox Community,

I have been asking the community and emailing the support since more than 13 days, and unfortunately no one is helping out. I was in contact with @Megan and she suddenly stopped answering, then super user @Mark answered on behalf of Lori and he also disappeared. 

I have sent them all many emails as per their requests and no response at all !!!! and I am trying to add replies to my earlier post and i couldn't because the reply button is not activated on posts !!!!

I would like to know, are you going to help me with my issue. Please I need clear answers from you guys.

I will explain my problem again: I am not receiving SMS verification code to login to my other dropbox account.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    8923252 New member | Level 2
    ronosolo777 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?