cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn about how Kev uses Dropbox to make sure he keeps track of all the new music he listens to? Check out his tips here

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't download files on a Mac

Can't download files on a Mac

Dave Henry
Explorer | Level 3

Wife sent me some files from her Dropbox. Can't download them onto a Mac. Keeps sending the download as a ZIP folder and the Mac can't unzip the folder. Only option was to open the files one by one and save them to a USB drive. Caused a lot of friction that I don't need. So frankly I don't want to pay for a software that makes my life MORE difficult. I just want to be able to drag a file icon onto my desktop and boom.. the file downloads and none of this malarky with links or 'transfer' function. Honestly this type of user hostility is going to tank your business.

1 Reply 1

Re: Can't download files on a Mac

Chris_J
Super User

Hello Dave

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.  IT sounds like you are working thru the web interface, have you thought of using the Desktop Client.  It is so much better and less headache and it doesn't download as zip, actually once it's set, it automatically syncs.  Take a look at downloading the client and also how to share folders with others.

https://help.dropbox.com/installs-integrations/desktop/download-dropbox 

https://learn.dropbox.com/self-guided-learning/dropbox-fundamentals-course/ 

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Chris_J Super User
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?