cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: DROPBOX stuck syncing "x" files

DROPBOX stuck syncing "x" files

dwlighting
New member | Level 2

Dropbox 114.4.426 - WIN 10

Earlier today for the first time ever - I have been using DB for years - the app got stuck syncing at roughly 1000 files downloading.  Files posted to folders I share with others would not download and sync.  Uploads were ok.

Conatcted support - ALT+H - tried fixing hard links. tried fixing permissions.  Second support contact had me delete DB app and slear out registry and various %APPDATA% folders of all mentions of DB.

Re-install app.  Indexing over 600,000 files.  Finally gets to the state in screenshot below and is now frozen at DOWNLOADING 13,380 files. 

My whole world is in the cloud and cannot do my job with DB in this condition!  Help, please.

Screenshot 2021-01-26 232314.jpg

2 Replies 2

gmiasnik
Explorer | Level 4

I share the same situation.

I tried to chat with support. Opened two tickets already. They said they need to escalate and no one followed up. Very disappointed by dropbox service. Already dealing with this issue for 4 days.

Few insights - seems the issue is related to using a "future" (beta) version 115.3.529 of dropbox.

At some stage, i wiped dropbox from my machine and reinstalled from the site. I got version 114.4.426. That version worked very well and got all synched. 

Yet ... somehow dropbox updated itself back to version 115.3.529., and ... got stuck again on the next sync.

I tried again to reinstall 114.xx, and same cycle occured.

So - now I'm trying to figure out how to avoid this auto update to a beta version.

Let me know if anyone has any inputs here.

Emma
Community Manager

Hi @dwlighting and @gmiasnik,

Thank you for reporting this, it is related to a known issue a number of users experienced last week. The team have now resolved this and it should be working again.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else or you're still having trouble!

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Need more support?