cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanently delet files from Deleted files folder

Highlighted

Permanently delet files from Deleted files folder

Explorer | Level 3

I don’t se an option to permanently delete all files from deleted files folder.
How can I purge them all at once.
I got a message that some files cannot be deleted and ask the administrator. But I’m the only user and I don’t have a shared folder.

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: Permanently delet files from Deleted files folder

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @errocha, thanks for posting today!

It should be possible to select multiple deletions to permanently delete them from the deleted files page.

If this isn't possible, perhaps there is an issue with a specific file or folder that can't be permanently deleted. Could there be a shared folder that was deleted from your account, but still able to add it back from here?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
Hello - I had so many folders on my dropbox and 90% have disappeared. I am worried about being hacked. Can you help me.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi Jay

Thank you for your response, I am having the same issue. So far I cannot see how your answer "it should be possible" answers the question "How can I purge them all at once"?

Can you be a little bit more specific?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @NS0891, you can select multiple deletions from the deleted files page to delete them in bulk. Currently, there isn't a method to delete all the events in one go.

@cc2020090, are you able to restore any of your files and folders from the deleted files page? Do you see the deletions on the events page?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?