cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to make our Community work for you and we need your help. Take our short survey!
Close

Dropbox files & folders

Get in sync with the Dropbox Community. Our members can answer all your questions on Dropbox files and folders. Join a discussion or start your own today.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Automatically Opening New Folders

Highlighted

Stop Automatically Opening New Folders

Explorer | Level 4

Hello,

Dropbox on web browser has this annoying setting of automatically taking you into a new folder after you create it. This is unnecessary for me and very disruptive to my workflow. Is there a way to turn off this setting?

Thank you,

Justin

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Stop Automatically Opening New Folders

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Juttybird, thanks for messaging today!

Currently, it isn't possible to change the the way the site automatically moves into the folder once it's created.

However, if you wish, you can suggest this change for others to vote on, so the dev team can look into this in future!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

I second this. I love Dropbox, but they have so many odd features that externally aren't sensible, although there may be a technical explanation. This is such an annoying feature, especially when creating an entirely new section for my work projects. I nest, nest, and nest folders to satisfy my OCD, and Dropbox seems to be trying to nudge you in a more "intuative" direction a lá Roam Research (which imo isn't necessarily intuative, it's just "flowy"). 

Today I'm creating about 35 new nested folders and about 100 docs, to organize a new client's project. Which means I'm hitting "back" about 135 times. It's not a huge deal, but annoying as hell. I often feel like no matter what program I use (Evernote, Roam, Dropbox Paper), it isn't designed for large-scale project planning. 

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

I absolutely hate that newly created folders automatically open. I need to make approximately 200 new folders this week and the extra steps to hit the back button, uncheck the new folder, and then create the next folder disrupt my workflow, take too much time, and increase my aggravation with Dropbox. Please fix this.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?