cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: The Photos page is changing...

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
So, does this mean we can still put photos that automatically go to "photo experience" into new folders?
Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
As a photographer/producer, I use dropbox albums to quickly share collections of potential props, locations, talent, etc. Basically anything my client has to make a decision about. I also share proof galleries for clients to make final selections from. Elimination of this functionality is the final nail in the coffin. Bye-bye Dropbox- it was great while it lasted!
Highlighted

End of photo albums is terrible idea

Helpful | Level 5

I use Dropbox for many reasons, but one of the most important were the photo albums. I actually deactivated my Gmail account knowing I could let go of Google Photos and store/share my photos only using Dropbox. I rely heavily on albums to share photos, for example combining individual photos from many folders to send my family, friends or colleagues. It's just not efficient to create new folders for that purpose. I've been expecting MORE functionality for photo albums, not less. The end of photo albums is a terrible idea and might make me change my mind about continuing my Dropbox membership. There's time to rethink this, guys.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Organization based on folders will be a huge pain. If you want to show different subsets of the photos to different people, you will have to manually organize them in a folder, making copies as necessary ? Ugh ... no thanks.

Highlighted

Re: End of photo albums is terrible idea

Helpful | Level 6

+1 for Daniel G.52

Highlighted

Re: Seriously. After June 30 I either can't share a folder or...

Helpful | Level 6

This is a serious negative. What is Dropbox thinking? And wouldn't you know it, I had just renewed for a year ...  

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I am so with you on this, I'm really pissed off that they won't automatically create folders out of the albums I have. And there isn't even a way to go into the album and batch move them all into a new folder. Only into a new album or download them. And there's a limit for how much will download at once. I guess this is the problem with relying on a software like this. =/

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
This announcement sounds like it was written by Sean Spicer. How exactly is this improving my photo experience? The current capability works pretty well for me. Seems like a big step backwards. What were they thinking?
Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Yep, it's time for bye bye to dropbox.

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I'm still just trying to figure out what I'm going to do about all the hours I spent creating albums! Thankfully my son is only 2 because I've been doing picture highlights for every year for him.

Dropbox, if any employees actually read this, PLEASE put all of our albums into folders AT LEAST!

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?