cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

Cannot establish a secure connection after dropbox update to 111.4.472

gabriel_nemeth
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

After the dropbox app (Window 10) updates itself to the latest 111.4.472 version, I'm getting this 'Cannot establish a secure connection'.

I've checked my time on my laptop, router. It's fine. I've disabled firewalls and the whole Eset Security. I've checked my ports. Everything is fine. I've turned off the proxy setting inside app. Scanned my system for viruses, nothing fount. The only solution is to revert back to the older version, but if I do so, the app will update itself so I'm at the beginning.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I've just received some news that I'd like to share with you all here!

It appears that ESET has fixed the problem that was causing this error.

For anyone running ESET on their device, please update to the most recent version of ESET to update to the software.

Once you've done this, you should be fine to revert back to the latest stable version of the Dropbox desktop app. You can install this from here.

Otherwise, you can just allow the app to auto-update to the latest stable when a new version is released.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

440 Replies 440

vinny1981
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Carissimi, 

da qualche giorno continua a comparire in notifica la dicitura "impossibile stabilire una connessione sicura", un problema insomma che in un certo modo pare sia legato alle impostazioni di data e ora del pc, che tra l'altro ho sincronizzato con l'orario di internet.

Qualcuno ha dei suggerimenti su come risolvere?

Grazei 

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Ciao @vinny1981, spero che tu stia bene oggi!

Puoi farmi sapere quale versione dell'app desktop hai installato sul tuo computer?

Inoltre, hai problemi a connetterti al sito web di Dropbox?

Fammi sapere e possiamo partire da lì!

-----

Hello @vinny1981, I hope you're well today!

Can you let me know which version of the desktop app you have installed on your computer?

Also, do you have any issues connecting to the Dropbox website? 

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Mousebladder
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
I too am having the exact same problem. I just downloaded the latest client on my pc and installed it again. Same problem. I have followed the troubleshooting: disabled all av, firewalls, checked internet is online. Phone works okay but computer won’t sync. I have two errors; Dropbox can’t connect using a secure connection, check date/time. I have done that and no issue there. I then get Dropbox is offline no internet connection error. I can ping various domains from cmd without issue. This has just started being an issue this week.

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

So we can look into this in more detail, I've reached out to the email linked with your profile here @Mousebladder.

Please check your inbox for my message when you have the time, and we'll take it from there - thanks!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

tale88
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The time is the same everywhere, but it's still a mistak

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hello there @gabriel_nemeth, I hope you're well today!

Can you let me know if you're also having any issues connecting to the Dropbox website?

If you're getting any errors on www.dropbox.com, please send over a screenshot of this.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @tale88, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this!

Just to confirm, are you getting this error from the desktop app when it's trying to connect?

If so, please check out this article for some more info on the error.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

uncsuperfan
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

This is happening to me as well.  System clock is correct, yet DropBox is using a SSL time sync cannot connect message.  This is the first time this has happened to me in many years of DropBox usage.

skiddyrow
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I'm having this same issue as well - never had it before. System clock is fine, I checked proxy / firewall suggestions as per the forum all are fine. Windows / Dropbox all latest versions.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Herman66 Explorer | Level 3
    Junaid2 Explorer | Level 3
    Poseidon_Simons Explorer | Level 4
    MaxN68 Explorer | Level 4
    brunol49 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?