cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you an educator? Well we want to hear from you, so check out some tools we think might help you out here!

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help with deleting a shared link. Can you help?

I need help with deleting a shared link. Can you help?

juanperez22 p.
New member | Level 1

Hello,

Please, I need you to help me delete a linnk i have posted from another account. I have sen several email to abuse@dropbox but nobody answers me. I erased my lsat account hoping the link eliminates but if did not work. Please help me.

My email is [personal information removed for security reasons]

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Help deleting link

Mark
Super User II

Deleting the account will kill the link because the files are also deleted. 

If its still working then you've not deleeted the right account. 

You can delete links at www.dropbox.com/links

Note sending emails to abuse wont work - as it is not an abuse. 

You need to log a ticket at www.dropbox.com/support and track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com . However, unless you send the ticket from the account the link is owned by they wont be able to do anything.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Mark
Super User II

Deleting the account will kill the link because the files are also deleted. 

If its still working then you've not deleeted the right account. 

You can delete links at www.dropbox.com/links

Note sending emails to abuse wont work - as it is not an abuse. 

You need to log a ticket at www.dropbox.com/support and track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com . However, unless you send the ticket from the account the link is owned by they wont be able to do anything.

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

juanperez22 p.
New member | Level 1

Hello,

When I log in with my other accout, it seems that I am not sharing any link or file. However I copied the link to check if it is still online and I can see it. To that regard, I am not sure how the link is online if I cannot see and shared links from my accounts.

Could you please sugest me any solution?

Thank you very much in advanced for your help.

Mark
Super User II

How can you log in to it? You said you'd deleted it. 

If you havent actually deleted it and are looking at it while still logged in chances are its actually not a link at all but just showing you the file yourself. 

Try and view the file from a machine without any Dropbox software installed or logged in at all.

juanperez22 p.
New member | Level 1

Hello Mar,

Than you for the fast response. That is the main issue. That I try viewing the link from another computer and i am able to see the file.I am really not able to delete the video. Please, know that for my error the integrity of a person is being and this affects the integrity of a person is being injured. May I send you the link in an email privatly? I do not know how to proceed...

Thank you very much,

Regards

Rich
Super User II

May I send you the link in an email privatly? I do not know how to proceed...

No, because we do not work for Dropbox. You should follow the links that Mark posted above and contact Support.

juanperez22 p.
New member | Level 1

Thank you very much. However everything is really fristrating because I opened a ticket 6 days ago and nobody is answering me. Right know there is a hard and bad video in Dropbox that i shared my mistake and I am finding my self that nobody from Dropbox is helping me.. except you Rich and Mark.

Thank you

juanperez22 p.
New member | Level 1

How is it possilbe if I have deleting all the items from my account, deleted the account, and opened it again, (with nothing inside) that i when i copy and paste the link in another computer, I can still see the video?

Rich
Super User II

Where are you copying the link from? If you deleted the link, file and account, there should be no place left that you can copy the link from. Are you sure the account you deleted is the one that was used to generate the link?

juanperez22 p.
New member | Level 1

Hi Rich, I am pretty sure.

When I did the mistake, i copied the link jsut to check that I was able to delete it. I have the doubt that you are telling me, that that maybe I have shared the link from another account. However, I do not recall having more than one account in Dropbox. Is there any way to track down the account that posted the link?

Thank you for your help in advanced.

Regards

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    juanperez22 p. New member | Level 1
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?