cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how Community ideas impact Dropbox development? Check it out here

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Box with white #1 on icon

Red Box with white #1 on icon

stagdancer
Explorer | Level 3

I have read in a previous response that the red box with the white #1 means I have a notification. However, when I click on my DropBox icon it opens empty except for the movng grey squares that form the DropBox icon.  I don't see anywhere anything that says notifications.

4 Replies 4

Re: Red Box with white #1 on icon

stagdancer
Explorer | Level 3

I meant to add under the section where you sync - thre is notification but those are settings not actual notifications.

Vicker
Super User

Hi @stagdancer ,

If you click on the Dropbox icon in Mac's menu bar or Windows's status bar, you should be able to see the notifications tab, similar to the screenshot below.

Cheers

Vicker

CleanShot 2020-03-15 at 19.04.38@2x.png

stagdancer
Explorer | Level 3

First of all, I am on a Windows PC - maybe I am in the worng place with a PC but they look the same.  When I open the icon - nothing is there.dropbox.png

Vicker
Super User

Hi, @stagdancer .

You are at the right place. Though I never encounter a situation like yours before. If you already tried to restart Dropbox, as well as your computer. You might wanna consider reinstalling the Dropbox client.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Vicker Super User
    stagdancer Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?