cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling to install Dropbox

Struggling to install Dropbox

fp3
Explorer | Level 3

I downloaded and I have installed dropbox, on my HP elite book 1030 running windows 10 but I can't launch the app, each time I do it the program attempts to launch and the blue circle spins but nothing happens. 

I have tried disabling avast and windows defender and tried re-installing and still nothing launches, any ideas? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Struggling to install drop box

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for the screenshot, @fp3, much appreciated!

In order to have a better look into this and due to account-specific info that’s required on this matter, we’d have to continue via email. For this reason, I’ve gone ahead and send you an email to the email address associated with your Forum profile. 

Please check your inbox for my latest message. Cheers! :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey there, @fp3!

Could you please initially confirm what the Dropbox icon reads when you hover over it - up to date or syncing? Could you also send me a screenshot of that (omitting any personal info), along with any error message that you might be seeing? Any additional info would be greatly appreciated so as to have a better understanding of what you’re experiencing. 

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

fp3
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Dropbox only shows in programs:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client

I can only try to run it from here, No icon is installed in the task bar.  So not even at the syncing stage yet

thanks 

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for your swift response, @fp3!

In this case, could you please try an advanced reinstall and see if that does the trick? :nerd:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

fp3
Explorer | Level 3

HI 

I am afraid that hasn't work either

?

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @fp3!

Could you please ensure that you’ve carried out all the steps of the advanced reinstall? It may some more time to complete, please allow it some time before continuing. 

If you’re still encountering some trouble with this, could you please send me a screenshot of what you see so as to have a better understanding of the situation?

Thanks in advance! 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

fp3
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Yes I have tried the advanced install, it still doesnt work, Here is a screen shot, not sure if its much help as drop box isn't working so its quie hard to take a screen shot of something that doesnt launch!

Thanks  

2018-09-24 (1)_t.jpg

Lusil
Dropboxer
Thanks for the screenshot, @fp3, much appreciated!

In order to have a better look into this and due to account-specific info that’s required on this matter, we’d have to continue via email. For this reason, I’ve gone ahead and send you an email to the email address associated with your Forum profile. 

Please check your inbox for my latest message. Cheers! :grin:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropboxer
    fp3 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?