cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox installs & integrations

Connect your tools and content together with help from the Dropbox Community. Join a discussion or post a question of your own to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I install Dropbox on my tablet?

Why can't I install Dropbox on my tablet?

Dave81
Explorer | Level 4

I’m having trouble installing dropbox on an Alba tablet running android 5.0.1. I had Dropbox on the tablet but did a factory reset so needed to re-install all the apps. Dropbox does not show up in Play Store and the Dropbox website link takes me to a page that says that "Your device isn't compatible with this version" Any Ideas ?

5 Replies 5

Re: Dropbox wont install

Dave81
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Dropbox Team for the email and link to a download. Unfortunately thats the same problem I have with the Play Store download version , it still says "Your Device isn't compatible with this version" and there is no option to download. Does Dropbox not work with Andriod 5.0.1 ? It worked until a few weeks ago until I did a factory reset on the tablet.

Re: Why can't I install Dropbox on my tablet?

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @Dave81 , thanks for joining the Community!

It sounds like your device no longer meets the requirements for the Dropbox mobile app, as it now needs Android 6.0 to be able to install it.

If possible, you can update the OS to version 6.0 to be able to install the mobile app.

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Dave81
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Jay , that explains it. What a blow. I also have Dropbox on an older Samsung Tab E running 4.4.4 Android and its still ok on that. Looks like I wont be able to use Dropbbox on there either if I ever need to re-install. I'd best not do any updates either. What a shame. Pity the earlier versions were not still available.

Jay
Dropboxer

I understand, let me know if you require any further information.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Roland
Not applicable

I have exactly the same problem after doing a clean reinstall of my android device 5.1. Dropbox will not reinstall and some previous links to earlier versions of Dropbox are now null links. Dropbox does not want to help it's many older android customers who will now need to uninstall and use Google drive instead. What I do not understand is why break sometingk that isn't broken (or take it away!). Poor customer support indeed.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Roland Not applicable
    Jay Dropboxer
    Dave81 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?