cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox teams & admins

Got a question about your Dropbox Business account? Get help from users like you. Post a question to get started.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I become the admin?

Can I become the admin?

nduffez
Explorer | Level 3

Hi there.

I only realize now that the guy who left my company two months ago,n and whose e-mail account I deleted, was the only administrator on our company's Dropbox account. Despite being the manager and owner of the company, I am a single member without admin rights.

How can I get full admin rights to our account?

Thanks for your support.

4 Replies 4

Re: Can I become the admin?

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @nduffez, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

It isn't possible to become the admin of a Dropbox Business team if the team admin doesn't give them admin rights.

Since you mentioned you deleted their email, is it under a custom domain, and not a public email?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

nduffez
Explorer | Level 3
I changed my e-mail organisation, moving to Microsoft 365 and creating an Exchange account for each member of the company, to which Kevin ([Removed as per Community Guidelines]) does not belong anymore. He actually left my company BEFORE I changed the e-mail organisation, thus although I have kept the other e-mail addresses alive for all other employees and myself, the address [Removed as per Community Guidelines] doesn't exist anymore and thus you cannot even communicate with this account.
I have saved the archives of all of Kevin's e-mail until he left, but it's now just a dead mailbox.

Jay
Dropboxer
Thanks for the info. In this instance, if you're not able to recreate the email associated with the admin, then it wouldn't be possible to create another admin on the account. 

Is the team currently on a paid subscription, or is it a free team? You can see this by checking what plan you're on here.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

nduffez
Explorer | Level 3

Hi.
I have managed to create a new email address named kminodier@forcomex.eu and thus regain control on our account. This ticket can be closed now. Thanks for your help.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

nduffez Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?