cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox tips & tricks

Learn how to get the most out of Dropbox with other users like you.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How you use Dropbox:

How you use Dropbox:

Amy
Community Manager

You might have seen us sharing how some of us Dropboxers use Dropbox recently. We’ve covered online mystery solving with Laureline, college work with Alex, baby photos with Tiffany, creating the perfect gift for grandparents with Sheena, and much more. We can’t get enough of these stories! 

Alex 1 .pngAlex 2.png

Sheena.png

We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it. Whether it’s using Paper to create something great, organizing precious memories or sharing important files with the right people, we want to know about it. 

We want to hear from you - how do you use Dropbox? Tell us in the comments below and we just might share your story too! 
6 Replies 6

robertoc
Helpful | Level 5

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-files-folders/why-isn-t-quot-Save-to-Dropbox-quot-available-...

I use Dropbox strictly to save iPhone photos, and it takes a PhD to figure out how.  This support link has the answer on page two.  Consider deleting it and making the solution easily searchable.

1) go to a different app:  Files -- good luck finding it

2) Browse, dot dot dot

3) you figure out the rest

It's back to Android for me.  Is that what Dropbox wants?  Ridiculous.

Chirag93
Explorer | Level 4

Hello Dropbox Team,

I am not able to copy any link from my personal content saved in my dropbox. I could not find the Dropbox email address where I can raise this concern, so posting here. I am facing this issue for more than 1 month. can anyone please look into this and help me to give access back?. Thanks.

Lsi1
Explorer | Level 4
I use it mostly for photo sharing and viewing. I shoot with a DSLR and edit on a Mac. I then export and upload to Dropbox using the app. I have a shared folder set up for family to see photos. I also use the mobile app and screen mirroring to do 'slide-shows' on the big telly.

Angel 1
New member | Level 2

I love the idea that I can have all my family photos in 1 area. To see my grandkids in 1 spot & not have to look through so many other things that were also downloaded. To know that they are safe is an added bonus. To some it may seem to be a waste of important space that l could use for something more important but to me having easier access makes all the difference for me 

jerryw99
Explorer | Level 4

I have always used Dropbox just to have a cloud backup of my files. It's simple to drag my entire Documents folder to the synchronized folder on my laptop. Then in the background Dropbox uploads it to the cloud. This is perfect. 

The problem is that I want to move these cloud files into their own place. The reason is that I need to reclaim the space on my laptop but I want to keep the backups in the cloud. 

I can't figure out how to do this. It seems like it should be so simple but googling and searching for help has not given me the strategy I need.

Thanks in advance. 

daniel elbo arama
Helpful | Level 6
I love Dropbox because it saves my data online and makes it available from everywhere, even if I lose my laptop or phone. The biggest usage for it, as far as it concerns me, is to save all my ph.d materials. I really trust it. Thanks!
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

daniel elbo arama Helpful | Level 6
    jerryw99 Explorer | Level 4
    Angel 1 New member | Level 2
    Lsi1 Explorer | Level 4
    Chirag93 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?