cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing in real time

Editing in real time

krista7
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi - from inside Dropbox Teams, I can access to edit all documents, however, I can not see, to edit anything in real time: if I open a doc.x and try to edit it inside Dropbox, it doesn't let me. If I try to click on Open in "Word for the Web" it won't allow mw on Safari bc of cookies (and it's confusing because it says "click here to learn how to allow third party" but then it says Safari doesn't allow it....then when I try to open/edit the document from my finder Dropbox folder, it opens it and only allows me to save it as a new document, not the current one in Dropbox...I'm sure it's a settings thing, but other people in my team can easily do this, and I used to be able to do it but now can't..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

krista7
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Jay - thanks for the advice. It does work in Chrome, but I don't use Chrome and everything for work is linked in my Safari so I'd prefer not to have to use a separate browser for this or using a private browser than requires a password sent to my email every time to verify it's me logging in. I will keep trying other ways, thanks.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @krista7, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you try switching browsers to see if this helps?

Otherwise, you can try using incognito/private browsing mode without any extensions running, clearing your cache and even resetting your browser entirely.

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

krista7
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Jay - thanks for the advice. It does work in Chrome, but I don't use Chrome and everything for work is linked in my Safari so I'd prefer not to have to use a separate browser for this or using a private browser than requires a password sent to my email every time to verify it's me logging in. I will keep trying other ways, thanks.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

If it works in another browser, then it would mean that a setting in Safari isn't allowing the Dropbox site to work correctly. 

As it's related to third party cookies, you can try to enable them using these steps.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

krista7
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I've tried all of it, it doesn't work.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the info, it's possible there's another extension or browser feature preventing the site from working correctly, in this instance.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    krista7 Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?