cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Importing comments to Da Vinci Resolve

Importing comments to Da Vinci Resolve

gkramer10
New member | Level 2

Is there a way to sync a replay video with my resolve timeline if I did not originally export the video directly to dropbox?  I'm not seeing any way to connect the two after the fact.  Thanks!

24 Replies 24

Fred Schenk
Explorer | Level 4

I would like to know the solution too. Unfortunately I have to render the videos on one machine and edit on another. Apparently Resolve and/or Dropbox don't automatically sync my comments to both machines.

samhakes
Helpful | Level 6

Hello I have the same question. It looks like I have several options to export the comments from Dropbox Replay. Is there a way to upload these to DaVinci Resolve in a meaningful way so my team can look at the comments on the timeline there?

Thank you!
Sam

samhakes_0-1681314981035.png

Fred Schenk
Explorer | Level 4

I have a work around, which works on just one machine. I export the comments as CSV, then import the CSV into an Excel. The Excel generates the lines which I copy and past in an EML-file which I can import to a timeline. Very time consuming, but (just) better than adding them by hand.

samhakes
Helpful | Level 6

I'm not sure I'm that committed. I have 265 comments on a 45min short film. 

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi all, thanks for your patience while we looked into this internally.

The team mentions that there is no current way to mass sync comments after exporting while the comment sync issues reported in this thread are fixed by Da Vinci Resolve 18.5 beta.

You can read about adding comments to Da Vinci Resolve in this Help Center article.

I hope this helps!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?