cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Issue with Good Notes and Dropbox

Issue with Good Notes and Dropbox

cloudyx
Helpful | Level 5

I am using Good Notes for iPad for studying and whenever I want to insert images from Dropbox, the menu that opens to select the image often stays black and it takes approximately 10-30 minutes until it works again. restarting the app or device doesn't help, only waiting fixes it. Sometimes the problem occurs right after opening the app, sometimes after a while of working.

I already reached out to Good Notes Support and they said: "I believe the problem could be related to Dropbox's File Extension couldn't load/retrieve your images from Dropbox's server for some reasons. If you notice this issue is occuring frequently, kindly reach out to Dropbox Support team and see if they have some solutions (as the file extension for showing files from Dropbox is maintained on Dropbox side). "

So, what can I do?

16 Replies 16

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Hey @cloudyx, thanks for joining our Community!

I'm not entirely sure this is a Dropbox related issue, however, have you tried clearing the cache on both the Dropbox app and GoodNotes?

For Dropbox, you'll find the option in the app's settings.

Let me know how it goes.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

cloudyx
Helpful | Level 5

No, sadly the issue is still occuring.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Hey @cloudyx, sorry to jump in here!

I'm not sure if this will improve matters, but have you tried reinstalling both apps on your iPad?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Julia Jager
Helpful | Level 5

I have the same issue and it's driving me crazy.
Importing from Dropbox into Goodnotes first works and then after a few imports that work, at some point it just won't stop 'loading' the folder, it will never load. And no matter how long I wait, it won't show me the files folders or Dropbox for that matter.

Just restarting Goodnotes or Dropbox doesn't do anything for me. I have to close off the entire iPad everytime this happens and start it back up again.

Mighty annoying. And the problem has been there for quite a while now.

Mark
Super User II

Hi @Julia Jager as the issue is with GoodNotes have you asked them for help? Or even simply made sure you are using the most recent version of the software

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

cloudyx
Helpful | Level 5

The same issue is still occuring btw and I haven't found a solution yet

GoodNotes support told me to ask Dropbox, Dropbox asked me to ask GoodNotes support.

Nothing I thought that could help, actually helped. I just accepted it now 😕 Sometimes downloading a file from Dropbox to internal iPad storage and then opening in GoodNotes helps btw @Julia Jager But sadly not always.

iangraham_oomph
New member | Level 2

Same issue . I am now using a new iPad Pro 10th generation , have to restart to connect then fine . Then not fine at second download attempt . I am using Goodnotes 5.  I have no issue with Goodnotes 4 on my older iPad . Hmmm opened Goodnotes 4  on the new iPad 10 , and no issue .

Ian

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for reaching out, @iangraham_oomph!

From what you mention, it sounds like this is something caused by the latest version of GoodNotes.

Have you, by any chance, reinstalled the app on your iPad? 

If the issue persists after that, I’d suggest having a look into this with the support team of GoodNotes, so that they can see what’s going on.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Julia Jager
Helpful | Level 5

Thanks for the extra tip. For now I've just accepted the glitch and restart the iPad whenever it occurs.

I don't really want to spend my time going from Dropbox to Goodnotes and being sent from one to the other, when they're both not taking their responsibility. Just thought I'd share with the community, so hopefully one day it will be solved :')

Need more support?