cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Lightroom Classic (Mac) Catalog Folder Structure broken through /Library/Cloudstorage change ...

Lightroom Classic (Mac) Catalog Folder Structure broken through /Library/Cloudstorage change - help!

cruxt
Explorer | Level 4

I recently updated my Dropbox library to the new structure (I believe) required by Apple and this has caused a breaking issue on Lightroom Classic on Mac because of the path structures have changed

Old:

/Users/cd/Dropbox/Pictures/Lightroom/2023/2023-12-16

New: 

/Users/cd/Library/CloudStorage/Dropbox/Pictures/Lightroom/2023/2023-12-16

Due to Lightroom having issues with this, my images are being split into two different folders with in the _app's folder_ structure (it used to mirror the Finder's but now there are duplicates for every item created AFTER the update. 

There is a 'fix' for this called the 'capitalisation bug fix' which should work but I wanted to flag on Dropbox and see if anyone here has run into this issue as I think more than just me will have their catalogs in Dropbox.

Here's my discussion on this subject on the Adobe side 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/stacking-not-working-with-edited-psd-ti...

12 Replies 12

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the ticket number, Ron! I looked it up in our system, and I’ve left an internal note to our support team for you. They’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

RSMT
Helpful | Level 5

Good news!

This issue is solved by creating new presets in the Lightroom Import Module to a new disc location. By creating these new presets, the "Library/Cloud Storage/" is automatically added to the file structure of this new location.

Next step, in the Lightroom Library Module, was to move all folders to this new location. Everything is working fine now. Also edits in Photoshop are saved in the right location.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @RSMT, amazing news! 

Thanks for the heads up, and if you need anything else, don't hesitate to reach out to us. 🤓

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?