cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: dropbox location to add into adobe bridge favorite folders

dropbox location to add into adobe bridge favorite folders

merminy
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

for some reason my dropbox folder disappeared from my favorite folders in adobe bridge... and i can't find it in the folders to drag it back into favorites...!!!

32 Replies 32

sarahsarah98
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi! Thanks for outlining what worked for you.

I am having the same issue, except the "folders" that Dropbox Sync mentions as "dropbox folder location" doesn't exist. I tried updating Bridge to see if that would work and move folders around but I'm still having the issue. I really need my dropbox folder in my Bridge!

Dropbox is telling me the folder is located: /Users/admin/Library/CloudStorage/Dropbox

However... in my computer, Library is not nestled under Users, they are parallel. Also "CloudStorage" does not exist. I am attaching photos of both views in case it helps.

Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 3.40.04 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-11-24 at 3.39.50 PM.png

Would really, really be thankful if someone can help. Thank you!

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @sarahsarah98, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Can you please clarify the app's status and version as shown in your menu bar at the moment?

Also, have you rebooted your computer at all since you first noticed this?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

music1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

@sarahsarah98   I don't understand the part about 'Library' being parallel to 'Users' in Finder unless you mean that if you open the MacHD in Finder as a list, then Library is there along with Users, System, and Applications.

BUT that is not the place to find Dropbox. The 'Library' where Dropbox's folder now resides is the  USER's Library. 

The User's Library is invisible. To make it visible and navigate to it  use the 'Go' drop-down menu in the menu bar. Hold 'Option' and click  'Go' and Library will appear in the list. Keep Option depressed,  move the cursor to Library, and let go. The Library folder, that is your USER's library, will open. From there scroll down to Cloud Storage. Open it.

Dropbox will be inside.

I made an alias (File->Make Alias) of the Dropbox folder and moved THAT to my Desktop. Or anywhere else convenient. Having done that, it now is easy-peasy to navigate in Bridge to the Desktop and to the 'Dropbox Alias' folder. And hey -- all the things inside the real Dropbox folder are right there.

Thank you. I'd been part of this thread and the answer in spite of many posts has eluded me but this works.

TimAldworth
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

There may now be 2 x 'Library' Folders, One in parallel to Applications [Red Ellipse], as you found and one under 'Users/<YourName>/Cloudstorage' [Yellow ellipse], as in the following screenshot:

Dropbox.jpg

 Good luck, I hope you solve this.

music1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

@TimAldworth @sarahsarah98 

Yes I neglected to state clearly enough that Mac has TWO libraries -- the System Library, at the same level in the file tree as Applications, Users, and so on; the second being the User Library, found as an invisible folder in the user's Home folder, as TimAldworth points out.

The User Library folder is hidden for good reason: making changes to its contents can mess up the System and cause this or that app or process to fail or at least go weird. Most of the time better left alone. When one really needs to get to the User Library the steps above, using the Go menu in the Finder Menu Bar, will open the User Library folder. Another couple of ways to access the User Library folder are described in this page from MIT:

https://kb.mit.edu/confluence/display/istcontrib/How+to+make+your+Library+folder+visible+in+the+Find...

Chattillion
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Dropbox is over in locations, I cannot get adobe bridge to look there either, totally frustrated

Muku
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I finally figured this out !  It's not perfect since you have to see all the stupid weird hidden files too but you can tell bridge to show hidden files and then finally the new dropbox folder location becomes accessible in the folders tab so you can navigate through the collapsable dropdown structure we used to be able to use. Screen shot attached: Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 11.52.41 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-03-01 at 11.55.58 AM.png

neilvn
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

The huge negative in having Bridge show the hidden files, is that you now see the .xmp files as well.  LOTS of clutter to deal with now when editing volume RAW files. 

drumminhands
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I figured it out. The MacOS has the user's library hidden. Instead of having Bridge view all the hidden files, just unhide the one library you need. I followed the "Unhide the Library folder permanently" from here: https://appletoolbox.com/unhide-access-mac-library-folder/. Then I restarted Bridge. Worked like a charm.

ChrisMills
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I did the Dropbox update & have had similar issues to the above. I could always see Dropbox & my 'Image library' folder after the update (where I store all my images stored in various folders, there's 100+ subfolders etc). My issue is that even having managed to created the alias Dropbox folder I still don't get a dropdown of subfolders. Just thumbnails in the main view of Bridge. This is a total pain for me as I can be accessing lots of images and saving images from several folders. Is there a way that the sub-folders can appear off the sidebar of folders, rather than just in the main block.

Screenshot 2023-06-01 at 11.18.42.png

Need more support?