cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Integrations

Find solutions to issues with third-party integrations from the Dropbox Community. Share advice and help members with their integration questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Authorized access token" expiring fast? (Allway Sync problem)

"Authorized access token" expiring fast? (Allway Sync problem)

CurlyVole
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I'm using a third party software (Allway Sync) to sync files with my dropbox.

Since a couple weeks I have the problem that the app loses access to the Dropbox and I need to obtain a new Authorized Access Token at least once a day.
Is this a new "feature" for increased security? For me at least it's an inconvience as I have to to take action every day to have my files synced "automatically".
I already tried to delete the Allway Sync app from the list of connected apps on the dropbox website and added it again but that didn't resolve the issue.

Thanks for helping!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@CurlyVole wrote:

Since a couple weeks I have the problem that the app loses access to the Dropbox and I need to obtain a new Authorized Access Token at least once a day.

Dropbox retired the ability for an app to get a long-lived access token. The app developers will need to update their apps to use short-lived and refresh tokens going forward. Contact the developer and pass them the following link.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @CurlyVole, thanks for messaging the Community.

This sounds like there might be an issue with the third party app and the code it uses to access the Dropbox API.

I'd recommend getting in contact with them directly with this information for them to investigate further.

Keep me updated with any details!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

CurlyVole
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi @Jay,

I got in contact with the third party app support and they advised my a clean re-install of the app. Which didn't help.

They also told me they weren't able to reproduce the error on their testing systems.

I have no idea how exactly this authorization process works. But is it possible this is somehow related to my dropbox account? I removed AllwaySync from the lists of connected apps and connected it again but that didn't help. 

Additional info that might be relevant: I have the same issue on two different Win11 PCs. When I set up several synchronization jobs I need to obtain a new token for each of the jobs seperately.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the info, are you only getting this on Windows 11 devices, or also for other devices?

As you've disconnected and reconnected it successfully, it does seem like the app developers would need to contact the Dropbox team for assistance.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

mayanoglu
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

I have the same problem with Allway Sync on a Windows 11 laptop. It happens every time I turn my system on.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @mayanoglu, have you tried contacting the developers of the app for further assistance on this matter?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@CurlyVole wrote:

Dropbox retired the ability for an app to get a long-lived access token. The app developers will need to update their apps to use short-lived and refresh tokens going forward. Contact the developer and pass them the following link.

Zakri
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I faced the same problem when I used Gs Richcopy 360 to sync from my Laptop(windows 10) to Dropbox, the access token expired fast, I thought it was the tool problem. I was wrong 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Zakri New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    mayanoglu New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?