cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Latest news

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What’s new: Dropbox Replay

What’s new: Dropbox Replay

Amy
Community Manager
You might have seen us talking about some fun new features, like Capture, and we have another great update to share - have you heard about Dropbox Replay yet? 

ReplayReplayWell, if not, Dropbox Replay is a video collaboration tool that allows users to consolidate comments, provide feedback, and finalize video projects, all in one place.

Video projects can be fast moving, intense and need really specific input to get it perfect. So now, you can get precise feedback. To get that feedback exactly right, you can share your projects for review, and you can even watch videos together in real time, and get everyone’s comments, from anywhere.

Need more convincing? It also integrates with Adobe Premiere Pro and other video editing software to provide access to feedback directly from your video editing tools.

Deleting the original video in your Dropbox account will not have an effect on your Replay project. The only way a video (and its comments) can be deleted from Replay is by a user directly removing it from their Replay dashboard.

Anyone who has access to the video in Dropbox will automatically have access to the video in Replay

Replay is in Beta at the moment but you can sign up now
15 Replies 15

dragon-npt
New member | Level 2

I've installed the Premiere Pro plugin for Replay but I'm having trouble figuring out how to export the file to Replay and then get the comments to import as markers. I can't seem to find any information on how to actually use Replay within Premiere Pro. Can you point me to someone who can help?

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Hey @dragon-npt - thanks for joining the Community!

For starters, once you install the Premiere Pro plugin for Replay you should close and restart all Adobe applications. If this is not done, you may not see the Replay extension. If you still do not see the extension please restart your computer.

Once you set it up, you should open the Replay extension though the Extensions window of Premiere Pro. This will bring up a window with all of your Replay videos and also a button to upload files from your computer directly. 

From there, you'll be able to load your videos on both sides (Premiere Pro and Replay) and add comments/markers to your edits with a click of a button. 

I hope this helps!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

dragon-npt
New member | Level 2

Restarting the program fixed it. Thank you!

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Glad to hear that @dragon-npt 

See you around the Community and take care!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Jay_Krier
New member | Level 2

I am able to see my Replay extension, but don't see a button to upload. Where is it exactly?

dragon-npt
New member | Level 2

If you make a folder in Replay and open that folder you'll see the option to upload.

Jay_Krier
New member | Level 2

Awesome, thank you!

Olivier P.
New member | Level 2

I’m excited to use Dropbox Replay but my Final Cut Pro editing app is not built in, which makes Replay useless to me...

filmgeek
Explorer | Level 4

If I publish a video via Dropbox and add (timestamp) markers, the information shows up in DaVinci Resolve.

If I have the same video in Replay, the markers do not show up in Resolve.

Last, and most important, I want to be able to export the markers from dropbox

There are websites like Marker Converter that can (for free) let me change the marker format for other tools (like Final Cut or Avid)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

GardinerW New member | Level 2
    Afshinr Helpful | Level 5
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    hank_ Helpful | Level 5
    DrekkSama Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?