cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being hassled to upgrade

Being hassled to upgrade

krluck1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi,

Is everyone on a free subscription hassled to upgrade to a much bigger (and obviously, paid) account even when they're barely using it?

I have just 3.1GB of 100GB storage in use and yet I've just received an email warning me thus "Your Dropbox is almost full and is close to reaching maximum storage capacity. Once full, your files will stop syncing across devices, which will make it harder to access your files when you need them."

In addition, I can't find any way to assess how much storage I am actually using other than to select everything and then download it in a zip file. The zip file was 3.1 GB so it may well be that the actual storage being used is more, but almost 100GB? No way.

Curious about the experience of others.

Cheers, Kevin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

krluck1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Well, don’t I feel stupid! My plan is actually the free plan which is only a paltry 3.75GB, so less than your regular DVD. So 3.1GB is not an unreasonable point at which to send me a warning.
Cheers.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for posting here, @krluck1! I hope you’re doing well. 

If you want to check the available space on your Dropbox account, you can go to your Plan tab here.

Do you mind sending over a screenshot of what you see there too, so that I can have a look regarding the issue you mention?

Let me know when you’re ready.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

krluck1
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Well, don’t I feel stupid! My plan is actually the free plan which is only a paltry 3.75GB, so less than your regular DVD. So 3.1GB is not an unreasonable point at which to send me a warning.
Cheers.

JaneMoger
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have been using Dropbox plus for years and it was only yesterday I was told by chatline to check my plan, I saw I was on a basic plan !!

I've tried to get support as I've been paying for years but on more than one occasion I have been told I'm out of space. It looks as if I've been paying all these years for nothing as basic plan is free!!

I don't seem to get any answers from dropbox and am still not syncing files and folders some of which were possibly important as I'm obviuosly still on Basic as far as they are concerned having deleted thousands of files and folders over the years

Any ideas from someone would be great please!!

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@JaneMoger wrote:

I have been using Dropbox plus for years and it was only yesterday I was told by chatline to check my plan, I saw I was on a basic plan !!

You likely have more than one account. Use the credit card charge lookup tool to identify the account that you've been paying for.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    JaneMoger Explorer | Level 4
    krluck1 Helpful | Level 5
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?