cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox still charges fee after cancellation,

Dropbox still charges fee after cancellation,

Ozgurc75
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have already cancelled my account in January 2019 and received an email about closure. After I reviewed my credit card account today I saw 99 USD of fee is withdrawn from my credit card and I can not see the explanation because the link related with payments do not operate. I wrote an email to dropbox support today but a useless AI mail delivered. It offers a reactivation and then closing etc. Hope this will be solved without any more waste of time. 

42 Replies 42

lealeih
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
i cancelled my account and still change want my money refund back

Denine
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I have same issue, and now drop box has been reactivated aswell...all the files i had deleted have come back!!!! I dont want dropbox anymore!!!

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'm sorry to hear about that @lealeih and @Denine!

I'd be happy to assist you both with this, but we'll need to look into some billing specific info.

Please can you both submit a ticket here through our Support channel and then let me know here the ticket number (eg. #1234567) that you receive?

I'll then be able to follow up with you via email to further investigate with you.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

sunoceansand
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi I noticed I've been continuing to be charge after I downgraded to free account. I noticed I've been charged after cancelling for over a year... The last charge was [info removed as per Community Guidelines for security reasons] and my account is under [email removed]. Can you please refund all charges made after cancelling

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for joining us here @sunoceansand!

In order to assist you with this, you'll need to contact our Support team as we won't be able to discuss any billing or account specific info here. I just removed your personal info from your post for your security too.

Please submit a help request from here, towards the bottom of the page. I'd also suggest to do this while not signed into your Dropbox account, perhaps through an incognito window.

If you have any issues with this, please do let me know.

I hope this helps!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

lealeih
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi Daphne,

My ticket# is: 10502800

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for getting back to me here @lealeih!

I found your ticket and I can see that a member of our team got back to you there recently. When you have the chance, please check your inbox for their reply and they'll be able to assist you further.

Cheers!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

Gailguerrieri
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I cancelled my subscription in June of 2019 and have continued to be charged every month since then. I need to find out how to get refunded for those months and why I can’t get anyone on the phone. Seems like a scam to me. I’ve been charged $12 every month since June of last year AFTER I CANCELLED THIS SERVICE. I need someone to contact me ASAP! [personal info removed as per Community Guidelines]

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @Gailguerrieri, I'm sorry to hear about that!

Due to the nature of the issue and info we would need to look into with you, we'd need to further assist you through our Support channel.

Please submit a request from this page here via an incognito browsing window.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

hoverda
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Got charged for the year after cancelling for 14 day trial.  Need the refund

Need more support?