cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Room versus Team Folders for two people

Family Room versus Team Folders for two people

Skymuse
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I am currently a Dropbox Individual Plus subscriber, considering an upgrade to Individual Pro. My wife has her own Plus account, so together we have 4TB storage available. What's missing for us is the functionality of a Team / Group area like the business plans - with easy shared access, locked editing for version control, streamlined Paper usage, etc. Essentially I would like to set up Dropbox as a "cloud-based NAS for two". A Family Plan might work for us, but we would lose total storage space and some extra Pro functionality if we both decide to upgrade. Since it's just us, a Business plan doesn't make sense because we'll be paying for an unused third member if I understand correctly. So my question is, what's the best way to configure Dropbox as our "Cloud-based NAS", with a shared team area and at least 4TB total space? Thanks, Sky

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Skymuse wrote:

... at least 4TB total space?

There isn't a wayto do that with 4TB of space. As you saw, Family accounts share a total of 2TB of space. You could keep your individual paid accounts and share a folder between the two, but you would both still be limited to the amount of space that comes with whichever account type you're subscribed to (2TB for Plus, 3TB for Professional).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Skymuse wrote:

... at least 4TB total space?

There isn't a wayto do that with 4TB of space. As you saw, Family accounts share a total of 2TB of space. You could keep your individual paid accounts and share a folder between the two, but you would both still be limited to the amount of space that comes with whichever account type you're subscribed to (2TB for Plus, 3TB for Professional).

Skymuse
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you Rich, that's what I thought. Sharing one folder + subfolders will handle most of what we need so it's probably our best way forward. I may submit a feature request, as it seems that two-adult households may benefit from a bit more than the Family Plan offers. A full-featured "Teams For Two" plan would be ideal. Best regards

CraigJConrad
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

It seems you want what I would want.  I have 2TB plan, and I would love to share this with my spouse -- and no one else. But to pay nearly double to allow her to share the same 2TB is not going to happen.  Now, if it came with 4TB to share, I would be tempted (I use about 1.6TB currently,  but would move our home movies into Dropbox if we had 4TB).  Or, if they had a plan at just an added $20-25 to add my spouse.  I'll look at some other options to create a share area between us.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

CraigJConrad Helpful | Level 6
    Skymuse Helpful | Level 5
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?