cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I didn't sign up for dropbox and can't cancel it or find associated email. Everything is greyed out

I didn't sign up for dropbox and can't cancel it or find associated email. Everything is greyed out

Tawfee52
Explorer | Level 3

I never signed up for this service.  None of my email accounts show a subscription.  When I try to delete the account, everything is greyed out.  I am unable to see the email associated with the account because again everything is greyed out.  There are no files saved on the account and I believe this is fraud especially since there is no way to contact customer support directly to have this resolved.  I wouldn't have known if I didn't all of the sudden see this charge that I didn't recognize.

14 Replies 14

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Tawfee52, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

If you're able to post on the community, this means that you have a Dropbox account under an email address that you use.

If you don't want the Dropbox account, you can login on the site (resetting your password first if need be), and then delete the account.

If you need any further assistance, please let me know.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Tawfee52
Explorer | Level 3

I can tell you didn't read my entire post in which I stated EVERYTHING is greyed out.  I cannot select delete or any other feature.  It also shows I don't have any files because the account has NEVER been used because I didn't sign up for it.  The account I was able to log in to is the one I just registered when I found the charge on my bill.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

It isn't possible for every option on the account page to be greyed out. 

Could you attach a screenshot showing what you're describing, while hiding any emails or personal info?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Tawfee52
Explorer | Level 3

Tawfee52_0-1685478630414.png

Tawfee52_1-1685478649175.png

Jay
Dropbox Staff

From the screenshot, this looks to be a normal Dropbox Basic plan, and nothing is greyed out. However, as you mentioned you were charged, this could mean that another account was upgraded.

According to your bank statement, were you charged by Dropbox, iTunes or Google Play?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Tawfee52
Explorer | Level 3

It may not look grey to you, but I cannot click on anything.  There are no links.  My credit card statement shows Dropbox and links to your Dropbox website, but, there is no transaction number to enable me to track the email to which it is attached.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Tawfee52, sorry to jump in here, but I just wanted to mention that in that case you can reach out to our support team through this form directly for further assistance.

Just make sure to use an incognito window without logging into any Dropbox account and fill in all the relevant information.

Once you do this and you get a ticket number from our system, you can share it with us here so that we can look it up too. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Tawfee52
Explorer | Level 3
I tried this and it asks for 8 digits of my credit card. I already feel like this may be a fraudulent account, why would I give my credit card number?

Tawfee52
Explorer | Level 3
And what I really want to know is why I can't speak to a human? Or even have a chat session with customer support from the company?
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    Tawfee52 Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    010 New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?